testtest

got wood...???

Old_Me

Ronin
hey, a couple of years ago, i made up 2 "gun stands" to make it easier for when i clean my guns.

1 was made for the 1911's, and 1 was made for the double stacked 9mm's.

well, on another gun site, some guy there, made up a real neat 1911 stand, using an old magazine, and did a great job of rounding off the edges and applying stain.

i have a couple of useless 7 round mags, and a couple of older double stack mags as well.

i have a boatload of wood, so i got busy minutes ago and "built" 2 rudimentary gun stands. they ain't purrty, they are functional for cleaning.

so, if you "got wood", and a few magazines you really ain't using anymore......and some time, like maybe all of 10 minutes..???

the 9mm magazine, the base plate has the hole in it, after removing the spring and follower, simple to screw that to the board. the screw prevents the magazine from coming off the base plate.

the 1911 magazine, had 2 tiny holes in the welded base plate, and again, after removing the spring and follower, all i had to to was drill open 1 hole, and screw that down.

1664391486040.png

1664391511647.png

hey, a couple of years ago, i made up 2 "gun stands" to make it easier for when i clean my guns.

well, on another gun site, some guy there, made up a real neat 1911 stand, using an old magazine, and did a great job of rounding off the edges and applying stain.

i have a couple of useless 7 round mags, and a couple of older double stack mags as well.

i have a boatload of wood, so i got busy minutes ago and "built" 2 rudimentary gun stands. they ain't purrty, they are functional for cleaning.

so, if you "got wood", and a few magazines you really ain't using anymore......and some time, like maybe all of 10 minutes..???

the 9mm magazine, the base plate has the hole in it, after removing the spring and follower, simple to screw that to the board. the screw prevents the magazine from coming off the base plate.

the 1911 magazine, had 2 tiny holes in the welded base plate, and again, after removing the spring and follower, all i had to to was drill open 1 hole, and screw that down.

View attachment 31189
View attachment 31190
Got morning wood……..😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
AA9E41B0-EF56-4B7D-AE9F-82278FCBCF69.jpeg

View attachment 31189
View attachment 31190
Your sticker board looks like the back window of my jeep. lol

When I get tired of them, I scrape them off and start again. Thats what windows are for, right:?
yeah well, that piece of board, is from a family members former tv stand, you know, the ones you buy and have to assemble..?? and no, it was not from Ikea....but wally-world..

she got another really nice tv stand, that yeah, gramps had to assemble....(oh joy), and i took apart the older one, and wanted to save some of those boards..

turned out, it made for a good backdrop for pictures.

now, if she can only NOT buy any more assemble yourself furniture......

View attachment 31189
View attachment 31190
Where do I send my money order to?
Yes please !!!
👍👍👍

Where do I send my money order to?
Yes please !!!
👍👍👍
thing is, i am at times a hoarder of items. my cellar room where "spare wood" is has various sizes, shapes and types of wood, from either projets a contractor has done, or from taking apart "store bought" cheap furniture.

it's the only "hoarding" that i do, unless of course we get onto the subject of new ammo, guns, and now reloading components.....

when i got my first 2 guns, field stripping them, then laying them down on thier sides, the cleaning fluid (Hoppes 9) would run out onto the bench, and not clean up some of the powder. i just back then, wanted something (cheap) that if it got fluids on it, and destroyed the finish, it have been no big deal, as wood is "free" at my house.

a better use for old, maybe broken magazines, rather than to throw them away.

I love that idea. Not for cleaning, but for taking pictures. I really want to learn to get good at photographing gun. Two things that I always have a hard time with is the background and lighting. I can never think of a cool background, and I always end up laying the gun down flat and standing over it, causing a shadow. I have wood, some skills, and tools, and could easily make something like this.

I also have a spare 1911 mag that I could easily sacrifice for this project.
I am thinking there is probably a way to modify this idea to not render the mags unusable, and make the stand work with interchangeable mags.

I love that idea. Not for cleaning, but for taking pictures. I really want to learn to get good at photographing gun. Two things that I always have a hard time with is the background and lighting. I can never think of a cool background, and I always end up laying the gun down flat and standing over it, causing a shadow. I have wood, some skills, and tools, and could easily make something like this.

I also have a spare 1911 mag that I could easily sacrifice for this project.
I am thinking there is probably a way to modify this idea to not render the mags unusable, and make the stand work with interchangeable mags.
yeah, i just had spare mags that were doing nothing, so to sacrifice a couple of them was not an issue. i just take pics of new guns, or maybe new grips/stocks i got for them. sometimes on another website i belong to of a particular gun, that some one else has, and needs information, i post a picture or 2 of what i had done, for thier information.

the "background" for me at one time, was my 2 hot water tanks...lol.

then i had all that spare shelving sitting around, then of course stickers from various gun companies or gun products.

plain, very simple, pictures.

but i have seen some guys do an incredible job of posing thier guns, polishing them, and whatever else.

for me, too much time to spend on pictures.

Back