testtest

Great start to a new year

youngolddude

Professional
I've moved several times since I retired and haven't located everything since.
I had forgotten I had purchased a 9 mm die set, caliber conversion and tool head some time ago. So I changed over, adjusted the dies, picked a powder charge and loaded up 500 lipstick bullets. When I was looking for the hollow points I had, I also discovered I previously loaded them. Now I've got about 1,000 9mm to play with.
I permanently mounted a Dillon SD on my bench yesterday that is set up in .45 ACP. I've hoarded components for years and decided it's time to use them and shoot more. As a bonus, I found a sealed box of 1K new Starline .45 Colt. Score!
I may have to paw through my cabinets to see what else I can find. This is starting to be a great year.

I've moved several times since I retired and haven't located everything since.
I had forgotten I had purchased a 9 mm die set, caliber conversion and tool head some time ago. So I changed over, adjusted the dies, picked a powder charge and loaded up 500 lipstick bullets. When I was looking for the hollow points I had, I also discovered I previously loaded them. Now I've got about 1,000 9mm to play with.
I permanently mounted a Dillon SD on my bench yesterday that is set up in .45 ACP. I've hoarded components for years and decided it's time to use them and shoot more. As a bonus, I found a sealed box of 1K new Starline .45 Colt. Score!
I may have to paw through my cabinets to see what else I can find. This is starting to be a great year.
question, this is the second time someone mentioned "lipstick bullets"?

what are these..???

thanks in advance

There are several coatings out there now for lead bullets, poly (or high tec) and powder coating. The bullets I used were bright red that I bought at a cowboy event by a vendor. Traditional lubes can gum up your dies and I find them to be a chore to clean. Lead bullets with traditional lubes can ( will) smoke upon firing and these other coatings reduce this. How much I couldn't say.
Coated bullets cost more, but I am becoming a convert. I do still use conventionally lubed bullets when I buy others unwanted stock, but if I order, will choose the coated bullets.
Lead bullets are kinder to rifling than jacketed ammo, but I have a large quantity of jacketed ammo that I will get to this year. I celebrate another birthday this month and do not wish to leave my heirs bullets I could enjoy.

great find

i have to have my dillion perm mounted a table with WHEELS, underneath is all storage
i have found at inventory time to place orders, i tend to find bullets and stuff i forgot i put into the dark recesses
always makes for a good feeling
OCD makes me re-arrange everything at least once a year just to train the brain where all the gear is set up

Back