testtest

Gun Safe Help

Hi all, I need some help locating a gun safe manufacturer. Name is Armory SafeCo. My dad passed in June and we do t have this safe combination. I don't want to destroy the lock and the locksmith days he can't find drill points. This is a hail mary hoping someone will have a similar safe or know someone who has info on this thing.

Picture is below. I appreciate any help.

Attachments

• image0000(1).jpg
    image0000(1).jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 46
i cannot find that company

maybe the safe is quite old, and that company was bought out by another safe company.??

any other markings along the sides, bottom, back that you can see..???

does it have legs to sit on, or is it flat to the floor?

if it is on legs, can you get a mirror under it to check for other information?

you would need a mirror and a flashlight

Thanks for the reply. I was running into the same issue. I can't find anything identifying anywhere. Sides, back, or bottom. It sits flat to the floor, but I risked tilting it to check.
then, since you don't know the contents, and for all you know, it can be empty,

try another lock smithing service.

the safe being heavy, you won't know if it's empty or full of guns, ammo, what ever.

You might call one of the major Gun Safe companies on the market. They might know who made/makes this safe and even give suggestions on opening without destruction. Liberty, Browning, etc are some of the bigger players in gun safes.
Here's the first result (there were many more), of the internet search "Major gun safe companies". You can try giving some a call (or others from a search), and maybe they can help point you in the right direction.

I can’t find that company anywhere. Maybe out of business?
You may want to contact a current safe company, like Liberty Safe, Rhino etc and see if they have heard if the company. They may also be able to steer you in the right direction.
I would contact another locksmith too.

You might call one of the major Gun Safe companies on the market. They might know who made/makes this safe and even give suggestions on opening without destruction. Liberty, Browning, etc are some of the bigger players in gun safes.
Here's the first result (there were many more), of the internet search "Major gun safe companies". You can try giving some a call (or others from a search), and maybe they can help point you in the right direction.

Hahaha. Just wrote the same thing. Great minds think alike?

Armory Safe Co looks to be an abandoned trademark of:
Laiben-Dunn, Llc.
Po Box 973
St. Louis Mo 63052

Seems like they may be defunct but not sure on that.
Indeed. The address associated with the company is about 15 miles from me. The name of the agent is Michael Laiben and the address is 2040 Summerfield Ct. Imperial, Mo. 63052.

You may be able to find Michael Laiben and contact him.

I think it's the guy on the top line. Festus, Barnhart and Dittmer are all very near Imperial. In fact I live at a Dittmer mailing address.

I ran across this Business from Missouri with a Yahoo Search.
The company's filing status is listed as Expired and its File Number is X00414112. The company's mailing address is 2040 Summerfield Ct, Imperial, MO 63052-2148.

Clicking on the address in the Company Info section:
Looks like there are 5 others business at that address, one goes back to about the time of the Armory Safe Co. filing.

Also found this Trademark site.
It lists a name from one of the other businesses at the Missouri address.

If you can send me some better pics of the dial/handle I can ask my safe guy. Safe manufacturers don't often use their own dial or keypads / corresponding lock bodies. Those are usually from hardware manufacturers like Sargent and Greenleaf, Lagard, Secu-Ram, Am Sec (American Security does actually make their own safes also, in this instance), etc.
Locating the correct manufacturer is the key to getting it open in this case, but there is a chance you may still need a safe tech to open it.

Just so you don't think i'm some crazy dude, I work for a security integration company and specifically I manage the mechanical and electronic locking hardware division of it so most of our techs are locksmiths and one of them loves safes and has been doing them for about 30 years.

Back