testtest

Has anyone else seen this!

Almost every state has laws that excludes the places where you can carry a firearm, such as schools, legislative chambers, police stations, airports, etc.

As far as open carry of handguns, I personally think it is a bad idea in most instances, and I have a list of reasons why. It also depends upon you locale. A person seen strapped in a grocery store in Idaho will get a very different reaction than in Miami, so I think those decisions are best left to the states.

True, but the article states " In public", not some specific place. The sidewalk in front of your house can easily be interpreted to fall under the scope of this ruling.

My state is a permitless open or concealed carry state. Some stores ( Walmart and Schnucks) have rules that no open carry is allowed, but our legislature was very clear that no city or entity can pass laws against open or concealed carry. In fact if they did and then tried to enforce them, very shortly they will be prosecuted, barred from ever working in the state again and fined up to $50,000 thanks to the SAPA which has passed in the house and is expected to pass in the senate and be signed by the governor.

True, but the article states " In public", not some specific place. The sidewalk in front of your house can easily be interpreted to fall under the scope of this ruling.

My state is a permitless open or concealed carry state. Some stores ( Walmart and Schnucks) have rules that no open carry is allowed, but our legislature was very clear that no city or entity can pass laws against open or concealed carry. In fact if they did and then tried to enforce them, very shortly they will be prosecuted, barred from ever working in the state again and fined up to $50,000 thanks to the SAPA which has passed in the house and is expected to pass in the senate and be signed by the governor.
Sounds like you have some patriotic freedom loving American's running your state!

Back