testtest

Have an Emergency Response Plan for Your Home

1593054321558.gif

Very good article and it highlights the need to have open conversations with all members of the household especially those that may not spend every day/night in the home. It also requires that families with young children don’t create a fear factor, it goes without saying children in panic mode may not understand the need to stay out of the way in a dangerous situation.
Like what we do when we go to the range it is necessary to practice which includes the need to practice for all scenarios.

We do need to be careful about alarming kids. I think most of them are already spending alot of time worrying with all the social unrest going on these days, fear of kidnapping, etc. For me, a better option is a good dog that people are leery of confronting. Maybe they will just go to the next house, then. Also good doors, lighting, etc. for the outside of your home. Then, a plan amongst the adults in the house just in case. Keep your doors locked, even if you live in a good neighborhood. A friend had his house robbed while his family was upstairs asleep and he had fallen asleep in the recliner downstairs. As I recall, he woke up just as the intruder was leaving the house.

We do need to be careful about alarming kids. I think most of them are already spending alot of time worrying with all the social unrest going on these days, fear of kidnapping, etc. For me, a better option is a good dog that people are leery of confronting. Maybe they will just go to the next house, then. Also good doors, lighting, etc. for the outside of your home. Then, a plan amongst the adults in the house just in case. Keep your doors locked, even if you live in a good neighborhood. A friend had his house robbed while his family was upstairs asleep and he had fallen asleep in the recliner downstairs. As I recall, he woke up just as the intruder was leaving the house.
When I was married we had no less than 7 dogs at anytime.
From Great Danes “gentle giants but very intimidating” to small Dogs that would bark when they hear a fly fart.
Yes they work and so does good lighting and neighborhood watch programs.
We lived on a dead end street and everyone knew cars or people that belonged in the area and those that didn’t.

Back