testtest

Hellcat issue

I overheard some talk about this at the range a few months ago and it seems the accepted reason for it, and especially the fact that it was sporadic and not everytime, was that it was due to 'limp-wristing'. Just something to consider. With the short slide and stroke of most of these micro 9mm's like the Hellcat, it doesn't take much.

I didn't personally witness it either time it happened, just overheard the conversation.

I overheard some talk about this at the range a few months ago and it seems the accepted reason for it, and especially the fact that it was sporadic and not everytime, was that it was due to 'limp-wristing'. Just something to consider. With the short slide and stroke of most of these micro 9mm's like the Hellcat, it doesn't take much.

I didn't personally witness it either time it happened, just overheard the conversation.
Appreciate the feedback everyone

When using the same grip style as a larger handgun, it is common to have a thumb that rides against the slide during recoil, which slows it down. It is also common to hit the slide release during recoil, which may not be noticeable, but it will send the slide forward after the last round. In both of these cases, the cure is no learn a different grip technique that accommodates the smaller handgun.

+1 on the slide release.

My personal problem is, my strong thumb rides the mag release. I used to hold it strong-thumb on the grip, support thumb on top. I have since switched (am in the process of re-training myself) so my support thumb is on the grip, with the thumbnail hooked UNDER the slide release tab (in that little notch) as a location method, and my strong thumb on top of the support thumb. So far, so good...when I remember. (This is the grip I got used to with my XD-s, which has a much more resistant mag release button than the Hellcat does, so it didn't matter - and I never noticed - that my thumb rode on the button)

Back