testtest

Hellcat Pro racking slide to release issues

Last week I picked up my Hellcat Pro, and put 200 rounds through so far. When I load a magazine with the slide locked back I grip the slide and attempt to rack but the slide will not release, only using the slide release lever will do so. Is this a issue with the gun or is it just a standard feature on the Pro?
Should state that the mag is loaded when I put it in.

You are saying that you cannot "slingshot" the slide backwards and let it ride forward into battery? Sounds like a call into Springfield may be in order.

Might try downloading the magazine by one round and trying just to see what happens. Might work out with use if that helps.

Last edited:
Magazine spring might be a little strong still, with the shorter slide, not a lot of weight pushing against the slide release when you rack it. This preventing the drop of the slide lock, preventing the slide from going forward. I like the suggestion of trying a half mag or less. If it works, might just need to give the mags some workout or try and exchange them in hopes of a softer spring.

You are saying that you cannot "slingshot" the slide backwards and let it ride forward into battery? Sounds like a call into Springfield may be in order.

Might try downloading the magazine by one round and trying just to see what happens.
Yeah it doesn't do it when there is 3 rounds in the mag as well I'll probably ask them about it, it's not a life or death issue, just part of how I've used guns my whole life.

Check slide lock lever spring tension. With the slide removed you should be able to gently lift the slide lock lever up and it should snap back down when you let it go. Spring might have gotten bent during assembly or it could be a piece of dirt or debris got between the slide lock lever and the frame.

I would also try inserting a fully loaded mag with the slide forward chamber empty, then pull the slide back and let go, if it goes into battery slide fully forward then you’re good to go. Also don’t slam the loaded mag in with the slide locked back as you might be slightly over inserting it.

If issues persist (call) Springfield Customer Service.

Last week I picked up my Hellcat Pro, and put 200 rounds through so far. When I load a magazine with the slide locked back I grip the slide and attempt to rack but the slide will not release, only using the slide release lever will do so. Is this a issue with the gun or is it just a standard feature on the Pro?
Found the issue, the "Part 9: Slide Stop Lever Spring" was under the correct ledge on the "Part 10: Slide Stop Lever"

Found the issue, the "Part 9: Slide Stop Lever Spring" was under the correct ledge on the "Part 10: Slide Stop Lever"
That is it! Had the same issue with mine. The locking spring was under the slide release lever and not on top of it. Thanks man!!!

Last edited:
Back