testtest

Hellcat

Does anyone know if you can put the new hellcat rdp compensator on the non rdp hellcat?
Simple answer? No.
Not likely an easy task for now with an RDP compensator. You'd 1st have to locate Hellcat RDP compensator which is very unlikely since SA doesn't usually sell parts like that to general consumers and you'd also need a threaded barrel to attach compensator to as well.

Threaded barrels are also longer than stock unthreaded barrels so muzzle attachment doesn't interfere with slides function. You may be able to locate an aftermarket threaded barrel and use another type aftermarket compensator though? If not familiar with doing those procedures, would be best to contact a local gunsmith who is because the parts would need good fitment to be safe and work reliably. Barrels typically need to be fitted to particular firearm to function correctly. Is very rare they just drop in.

Never used them but in stock at various online retailers.

just have to find a Comp that works

Never used them but in stock at various online retailers.

just have to find a Comp that works

Thanks for putting link to threaded barrels. Nice and they appear to be drop in as well! Sometimes things change for the better since last checked around from here for Hellcat barrels. Like too many other things they're out of stock as of now. But, pre orders likely means they'll eventually be back in stock for those who want them. Cool!

Last edited:
I found the barrels in stock at Osage, Midwest, and a few other places online. I just happen to be looking for some myself.

if anyone on here happens to know a good Comp with them, do speak up!

This may work?

Something many people tend to forget or overlook when adding most compensators to pistols?

When disassembling pistol for field stripping removing compensator should be undone.

Most compensators loosen up while shooting pistol unless Loc Tite is used to hold them in place.

Notes: Use blue or purple color for easier removal, not red. - Hellcat's compensator locks in place w/o Loc Tite.

Something many people tend to forget or overlook when adding most compensators to pistols?

When disassembling pistol for field stripping removing compensator should be undone.

Most compensators loosen up while shooting pistol unless Loc Tite is used to hold them in place.

Notes: Use blue or purple color for easier removal, not red. - Hellcat's compensator locks in place w/o Loc Tite.
Most comps don’t use loctite; they use set screws. Loctite loosens with heat, and comps get HOT.

You could use Rocksett, but that :poop: is a PITA.

That’s the neat thing about the comp on the RDP; the locking button is a great innovation, in that you won’t need tools to take it down.

Most comps don’t use loctite; they use set screws. Loctite loosens with heat, and comps get HOT.

That’s the neat thing about the comp on the RDP; the locking button is a great innovation, in that you won’t need tools to take it down.
Thanks Hans,

May be looking for better replacement pistol comps in very near future. Not a huge loctite fan on some things. Compensators are one of them. Explains some of issues with ones have used too. One has an o ring type of attachment instead of another type too.

Hadn't thought of set screws until you pointed out your experience. Like too many other parts they're not always so easy finding in stock for now. Possibly just drill and tap what comps have now sounds like may be best solution. Possibly use a knurled knob type set screw, but that would still likely need retightening with wrench or pliers because of heat too.

Last edited:
Thanks Hans,

May be looking for better replacement pistol comps in very near future. Not a huge loctite fan on some things. Compensators are one of them. Explains some of issues with ones have used too. One has an o ring type of attachment instead of another type too.

Hadn't thought of set screws until you pointed out your experience. Like too many other parts they're not always so easy finding in stock for now. Possibly just drill and tap what comps have now sounds like may be best solution. Possibly use a knurled knob type set screw, but that would still likely need retightening with wrench or pliers because of heat too.
Usually it’s an Allen/Torx-type setup, at least the one I’ve used (forgot who made it, had it on my VP9 Tactical).

O-rings could work; I’ve used them to keep thread protectors in place on threaded barrels when not wearing a suppressor, but...you don’t have to time a thread protector.

Thanks Hans,

This is the comp have using an o ring;

The negative about the comp on the RDP is the locking button (which I agree is a good innovation) is the locking button on mine doesn't "lock" and the compensator begins to rotate. It seems the locking button doesn't provide a positive lock in the indent/groove of the barrel. Maybe my pistol barrel or compensator is just defective or the spring pushing the locking button into the groove on the barrel isn't strong enough. Any ideas?

I *think* the compensator is proprietary. There is a little clip and flush area on the bottom of threaded barrel. You push a button to release the compensator and twist
The problem with the little button that fits into the flush area is it doesn't provide a positive lock on the compensator. At least it doesn't on mine and the RDP is new. It's a great idea though just needs a little more positive click into the groove on the barrel.

All true Hans except the locking button doesn't lock into the groove on the barrel very solidly. I think a stronger spring on the locking button OR a deeper groove on the barrel is in order. Love that you can remove the compensator by pushing on the locking button but doesn't quite lock back in place solidly upon putting the compensator back on.

All true Hans except the locking button doesn't lock into the groove on the barrel very solidly. I think a stronger spring on the locking button OR a deeper groove on the barrel is in order. Love that you can remove the compensator by pushing on the locking button but doesn't quite lock back in place solidly upon putting the compensator back on.
No, the problem is YOUR locking button.

Doesn’t mean everyone’s has the issue; in fact, yours is the first I think we’ve heard about not locking here.

You sure you don’t have some crud obstructing it?

Back