testtest

Hit a soda can. At 700 yards. With a .22LR…

It's funny. The range I belong to had an event this past weekend. Like a range olympics. Firearms were limited to rimfire and shotguns. I never saw so many old men with .22s and $3000 scopes on them in my life. Most of them shooting off a sled.. At 250 yards. They all had a lot of fun and Bill made some much needed cash for improvements.

No I didn't compete, but I did work the event.

It's funny. The range I belong to had an event this past weekend. Like a range olympics. Firearms were limited to rimfire and shotguns. I never saw so many old men with .22s and $3000 scopes on them in my life. Most of them shooting off a sled.. At 250 yards. They all had a lot of fun and Bill made some much needed cash for improvements.

Did they make you sit at the kids table? 😎

That is very cool. 700 yards is truly amazing.
I have a video of my wife hitting our 10" gong at 250 yards, you can hear the hit.
I tried posting it here but the file is too big.

Attachments

• IMG_20220619_162803000.jpg
    IMG_20220619_162803000.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 55

we have a few of them at our range
at first i was WHAT?? then started watching them bury the target at 200 yards, then a bit farther out to 300 at end of range.
patience, a sled and steely old wisdom.
impressive that you can get a 22 to get out that far and actually hit even close to the target. but to hit in the 6 inch ring is worthy of praise for those dudes

N

i shoot quite a bit of rimfire and am on a rimfire forum. These guys spend $$$$$ on gear. I do not spend that much on it but it is very addictive and have spent more than i thought i would. And i am about to spend a little more. May be a new/old gun in the near future.
For me it is just fun to putz around with different set ups, but for some of these guys it is downright serious business. The targets they post are pretty damn impressive and man do they know their stuff.

The same at our gun club. A lot of the fellas are in the $3k range for a rifle + optics.
My old Remington 541 is 25 years old and the VX II 4-12 is about the same. We are shooting Remington 22 LR Thunderbolts and it shoots plenty good enough for us.
Here is the 10" gong at 250 yards showing some hits. I'm like you mikep, we are just dinking around. 😄

Attachments

• IMG_20220619_165435299.jpg
    IMG_20220619_165435299.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 56
The same at our gun club. A lot of the fellas are in the $3k range for a rifle + optics.
My old Remington 541 is 25 years old and the VX II 4-12 is about the same. We are shooting Remington 22 LR Thunderbolts and it shoots plenty good enough for us.
Here is the 10" gong at 250 yards showing some hits. I'm like you mikep, we are just dinking around. 😄
95E26C3C-B280-45A9-A215-20B8831035F0.jpeg

This is at 40yd from a bench using a Winchester Model 75 from 1940 topped off with a Simmons 3-9x. Less than inch and i was happy with that. The scope has since been replaced with a proper period correct Lyman 58E peep. I bought the rifle for $135. I spent more on the bolt to get it shooting. 🤣

we have a few of them at our range
at first i was WHAT?? then started watching them bury the target at 200 yards, then a bit farther out to 300 at end of range.
patience, a sled and steely old wisdom.
impressive that you can get a 22 to get out that far and actually hit even close to the target. but to hit in the 6 inch ring is worthy of praise for those dudes
These guys had some regular targets set up, but also some spinning targets. Looked like about 2" round targets.

Us old men can still manage to do a few things!

Back