testtest

Homeowners policy

Putting USAA in with Chubb, etc. is comparing apples and oranges. USAA has a client pool that is generally lower in risk for not only automobile insurance but homeowners also. That has been changing over the years since USAA has adopted a continuous growth model for decades and not for the better IMO.

Anyway, the figures for average premiums for USAA are quite astonishing and would like to see how that was calculated. For our rock exterior home on five acres with a few out buildings in ???, TX is five times what the average monthly premium for USAA in CA. Did they survey Ft. Irwin's soldiers' homes and trailers in Barstow? Marines in 29 Palms? I'll wager our old place which we rented in San Diego, or Coronado, or Miramar, or even Bonita, Chula Vista, etc. wouldn't have an average $66/month premium. Who are they kidding? Are USAA premiums better than others? Yeah, probably, but average $66/month? C'mon.

There was a massive sea change at USAA when hurricane Andrew hit Homestead AFB. At a time when the company was living high on the hog and making questionable investments, like buying an amusement park, Andrew pushed them back into reality. Everybody paid for that case of bad timing and it hasn't stopped. The drawdown was another kick in the pants. We had a roof replaced recently, which they reluctantly agreed to only after I called a second adjuster out because every morning there were more and more shingles on the ground. I understand proper business practices but there is a difference in being reasonable and being stingy. Consider that USAA suffered its first financial loss in 2022 and I don't see how comparisons of premiums in the article are realistic.
"USAA has a client pool that is generally lower in risk for not only automobile insurance but homeowners also. That has been changing over the years since USAA has adopted a continuous growth model for decades and not for the better IMO."

i would like to add, but might not be received favorably ..in my early Navy years USAA was only available to officers,
them having more mature or safer driving or safer lifestyle was i dare say a FALSEHOOD, at least in the helicopter community, my pilots were freaking speed demons, fly by seat of your pants etc.. they made tail hookers(fixed wing guys) look like school girls.

landing as the engines run out of fuel or start sputtering is not the preferred routine and they did it often.

once USAA opened up to get new $$$ becasue of poor business model they gathered a big lot of responsible folks along with more dare devils
18 to 30 year old sailors are not what you call the most mature lot when it comes to driving for 24 hrs straight or flying long events after 2 hrs of sleep. just like the other services i am sure.
i am not banging USAA, just the whole who is more mature argument the industry tries to use
insurance overalll is IMO a screw the people paying in.
man i miss the days of old

"USAA has a client pool that is generally lower in risk for not only automobile insurance but homeowners also. That has been changing over the years since USAA has adopted a continuous growth model for decades and not for the better IMO."

i would like to add, but might not be received favorably ..in my early Navy years USAA was only available to officers,
them having more mature or safer driving or safer lifestyle was i dare say a FALSEHOOD, at least in the helicopter community, my pilots were freaking speed demons, fly by seat of your pants etc.. they made tail hookers(fixed wing guys) look like school girls.

landing as the engines run out of fuel or start sputtering is not the preferred routine and they did it often.

once USAA opened up to get new $$$ becasue of poor business model they gathered a big lot of responsible folks along with more dare devils
18 to 30 year old sailors are not what you call the most mature lot when it comes to driving for 24 hrs straight or flying long events after 2 hrs of sleep. just like the other services i am sure.
i am not banging USAA, just the whole who is more mature argument the industry tries to use
insurance overalll is IMO a screw the people paying in.
man i miss the days of old
You said it directly and correctly. It's poor business model banked on a growing population of officers and warrant officers and then included not only enlisted, but ex-spouses and ex-step kids, et al. Wha???? It started as a small association with a modest building across from Fifth Army HQ at Ft. Sam Houston. My wife's stepdad, who was a Hellcat driver in WWII joined in 1947 and it maintained it's relatively small association model for decades which made most everyone happy. It's what made it cost effective. It now has a HQ which looks like a major defense contractor with security like you're walking into a cleared facility and a more the merrier clientele. Sad.

You said it directly and correctly. It's poor business model banked on a growing population of officers and warrant officers and then included not only enlisted, but ex-spouses and ex-step kids, et al. Wha???? It started as a small association with a modest building across from Fifth Army HQ at Ft. Sam Houston. My wife's stepdad, who was a Hellcat driver in WWII joined in 1947 and it maintained it's relatively small association model for decades which made most everyone happy. It's what made it cost effective. It now has a HQ which looks like a major defense contractor with security like you're walking into a cleared facility and a more the merrier clientele. Sad.
the ex spouse ...etc really got my goat
step kids 3 times removed etc :ROFLMAO:

Back