testtest

Hornady Hot Tub Sonic Cleaner Review

1706301950939.png

I'll stick to the old fashioned way and put the funds towards one of the new TRP 1911's.

yeah i won't debate the effectiveness of sonic cleaning, but over $1,000 is a bit much especially if one does not have an AR to clean.

Lyman & Hornady each have smaller sonic cleaners for pistols at like under $160, one at amazon in fact.

but for me, i only take 1 gun to the range, and clean it as soon as i get home, so build up of carbon is no issue.

to take apart a slide and remove the firing pin or striker, and extractor, for cleaning in those chambers is not that difficult as i have found.

yeah i won't debate the effectiveness of sonic cleaning, but over $1,000 is a bit much especially if one does not have an AR to clean.

Lyman & Hornady each have smaller sonic cleaners for pistols at like under $160, one at amazon in fact.

but for me, i only take 1 gun to the range, and clean it as soon as i get home, so build up of carbon is no issue.

to take apart a slide and remove the firing pin or striker, and extractor, for cleaning in those chambers is not that difficult as i have found.
Yeah it's ridiculous. You can buy an Ultrasonic for about $60.

OMG, I just watched the vid on the 1911 TRP, definitely bad-ass piece of hardware. I also like the Echelon and the fact it gives you many options for adding optics is cool
I was looking to pick up an Emissary until I saw the new TRP line. Now I'm really liking that Coyote Brown full size.

Looks to be an expensive toy for those too lazy or "important" to be bothered with the mundane task cleaning a firearm. Personally I enjoy the manly cologne of Hopps Number 9 as it reminds me of a time when there were no onion skinned Gen Z'ers trying to send us headlong into 1984. The time spent field stripping a firearm to clean, oil and pamper is relaxing.

Does this work for suppressors. And how well does it work for them.
Ultra sonic cleaners only remove the light carbon from suppressors unless you are using a chemical dip. I typically disassemble my suppressors and drop them in the ultra sonic cleaner with a safe degreaser like simple green then I take each piece out one at a time to clean them with a brass wire brush. If I'm cleaning a rimfire suppressor no amount of cleaner will remove the heavy carbon and lead build up on the baffles so I use a few different hand tools to chip off the layers. Rimfire suppressors are really fun to play with but they are a bear to clean.

Back