testtest

How many in you pocket

If I am carrying a pistol I carry at least one spare mag. I heard (somewhere :unsure:) that mags are the number one failure point on semi-automatic pistols. So my paranoia is that I will need to draw and fire and the baseplate on my mag will fall off spilling rounds everywhere.

For wheelguns? Nine times out of ten that means a snubby five shot. So, for me, at least two reloads. Just so I can keep up with that one micro-9 that carries 15+. This can be speed strips, speed loaders, or J-clips.

At least one reload, pistol or revolver, 3 blades, a flashlight and at least one spare lithium battery

20210530_124513.jpg
20210530_130407.jpg

This is going to be a long post

As long as I have carried a concealed handgun I have been taught to carry two reloads.

When I went to work for G4S they issued me one of these
20240402_103201.jpg

I personally think it's a great double magazine carrier. It can be carried horizontally or vertically. I suppose you could carry it upside down if you wanted to. You could carry left-handed or right handed whatever works for you.

20240402_103501.jpg

Unfortunately, the older I get the more it just feels like too much to carry.

So I bought a Galco Horizontal Magazine Carrier.

20240402_104251.jpg

I wear it just to the right of my belt buckle. I can grab it with either hand and it doesn't poke me when I sit down
20240402_104300.jpg

It works but I can't get that bug out of my head telling me that I need to be carrying two magazines.

20240402_103138.jpg

I bought this at Sportsman's Warehouse at least 20 years ago.
20240402_103153.jpg

I don't even remember who made it but it turns out to be good leather and as you can see it clips to your belt. I never used it like that I took the clip off and I carried it in my pocket.

The other day it occurred to me that if I could find the damn clip for it I could put it back on and I could carry it on my belt right next to my multi-tool. I went digging through an old box and I found the clip that I haven't seen in at least 15 years.

My odds of ever actually having to fire a single shot in self-defense are about equal to my odds of ever winning Publisher's Clearinghouse

My odds of ever having to reload in a gunfight are about equal to hitting the Powerball.

And my odds have ever having to use a third magazine are almost non-existent.

But When I only carry one magazine There's like an itch in my brain telling me I need two.

Now I found a way to carry my two magazines unobtrusively and comfortably and, as somebody said above I have peace of mind.

A reload. I know cops and lotsa folks carry many times the ammo from years gone by and that’s ok as long as they don’t substitute firepower for accuracy. A good first or second shot hit will beat a hit on the 10th or 15th round every single time.

Back