testtest

How Suppressors Work

Both videos were very interesting and informative. I liked the 300 Blk subsonic with air half way down it, coming off as supersonic and the analogy of an aircraft pre-mach 1's air traveling around it as supersonic. Thanks Classified. (y)

@Classified great content sir keep it coming. I’m looking into getting a suppressor on my 6.5 Creedmore and knowledge like this is very helpful.

@KLGunner look up the closest dealer and give them a call.
I have found that every one of the dealers that works with Elite is just as helpful as they are. Great people, they won't steer you wrong. They all say something like, " I can get you whatever you want but, I sell these because no one can touch them."

Reading through some of the posts on suppressors i thought this might be of interest.

Destin does a great job of breaking things down.

For those of us that like to 'nerd' out on the physics of it here's a little more.

Classified do you have any experience with Rugged suppressors? I'm on the long ATF waiting list for the Rugged Razor 762 I bought in December and as you know not everyone has experience with suppressors or own one to get a chance to try one out prior to purchase.

Classified do you have any experience with Rugged suppressors? I'm on the long ATF waiting list for the Rugged Razor 762 I bought in December and as you know not everyone has experience with suppressors or own one to get a chance to try one out prior to purchase.
Unfortunately, I do not. The brands i have had the opportunity to experience are limited to AWC, Elite Iron, Gemtech, and i can not remember the last it was an older grease pack 9mm.

It is my firm belief that one must educate themselves as much as possible. I also love to tinker so friends bring me their equipment and we clean and go over the equipment. I made a little cleaning station that pumps a mix of alchohol and transmission fluid through them. This is usually used with a mix of brushing and an ultrasonic bath.

I think the better one understands the concepts and philosophy of use the safer and more effective one will be.

That is one about suppressors that irks me. It would be nice if there was a standardized procedure that they were tested with. One has to rely on the testimony of others and unscientific reviews. It really is like buying a cat in a bag.

Unfortunately, I do not. The brands i have had the opportunity to experience are limited to AWC, Elite Iron, Gemtech, and i can not remember the last it was an older grease pack 9mm.

It is my firm belief that one must educate themselves as much as possible. I also love to tinker so friends bring me their equipment and we clean and go over the equipment. I made a little cleaning station that pumps a mix of alchohol and transmission fluid through them. This is usually used with a mix of brushing and an ultrasonic bath.

I think the better one understands the concepts and philosophy of use the safer and more effective one will be.

That is one about suppressors that irks me. It would be nice if there was a standardized procedure that they were tested with. One has to rely on the testimony of others and unscientific reviews. It really is like buying a cat in a bag.
Below is a video of someone using the rugged razor on a .300blk. the guy at the place I bought my suppressor was raving about Rugged and talked me out of buying a Sig suppressor that he was also selling for a little more money. The store was a vendor for silencer shop

Last edited:
Below is a video of someone using the rugged razor on a .300blk. the guy at the place I bought my suppressor was raving about Rugged and talked me out of buying a Sig suppressor that he was also selling for a little more money. The store was a vendor for silencer shop
The biggest problem with video reviews is that the audio is limited by the mic. Furthermore, the surroundings and function of the firearm also play into it. For this reason I don't think one can accurately make a decision off of a video.
I would propose that a company design a standardized test. Say a shipping container that is sound proofed and wired for audio and light emissions with a ransom rest, and measured fluids for wet testing.

Back