testtest

How tall is the front sight?

So I have a CSX. It has gone to big BX in sky... Actually I sent it back to Smith for "issues". It's were mechanical, mine were emotional. Since it has decided to be unreliable I am going to turn it into a project. The first thing I am going to do is have it milled and install a red dot. I'm pretty sure that this will require deletion of the rear sight. This is fine because I'm installing a Holosun 507K which has a built in rear sight.

Now I have to figure out how tall does the front sight need to be? Pretty sure that they can't mill the slide down so far that the red dot's rear sight won't be sitting at OEM height. So I how or what do I need to measure in order to order a replacement front sight? Fortunately the one thing that Smith did right was to make the front sight a M&P universal Novak style notch so grinding down a suppressor height M&P blade (shark fin) wouldn't be awful.

Putting a red dot on a CSX is kind of defeating the purpose of why the firearm was made don't you think?

Putting a red dot on a CSX is kind of defeating the purpose of why the firearm was made don't you think?
You know, if it had turned out to be reliable I wouldn't do it. It would have been been better sights, a couple more mags, a light if one ever came out. That would have been it. Now it's not fit for carry.

Now it's a project. Red dot. Laser. Shark fin front sight. Gold cerakote. Bedazzled 30 round drum mag. Sky's the limit. Should be a good time.

You know, if it had turned out to be reliable I wouldn't do it. It would have been been better sights, a couple more mags, a light if one ever came out. That would have been it. Now it's not fit for carry.

Now it's a project. Red dot. Laser. Shark fin front sight. Gold cerakote. Bedazzled 30 round drum mag. Sky's the limit. Should be a good time.
Why not trade it in for a different carry gun and then spend all that time and money on yet another gun that will be worth your effort. Like an HK or a Sig.

Why not trade it in for a different carry gun and then spend all that time and money on yet another gun that will be worth your effort. Like an HK or a Sig.
I've actually tried. No one wants to drop five bills on an only driven on Sundays, dropped once CSX. So.... off to the chop shop. Plus I cannot afford an HK and not a fan of Sig's. I would trade it for a S&W 3913 or 908, or a Ruger P-93 or P-94. I would trade it and grease the deal with cash for a 3913TSW or a RAMI.

As to everything else. I have too many (not really) Glocks to want to do anything striker fired. I try to like Smith in general and would like a gen 3 single stack 9, but invariably I have bad luck with them: 5906 with FTE problems, Chief's Special that had a mis-bored barrel, M&P40 1.0 that you couldn't feel the reset. At all. Then the trigger broke. My 5906TSW doesn't count (yet). It was a pound rescue that must have been kept in the leaky trunk of a derby car for a decade before coming up on auction.

The one Springfield I have bought since 2004 came to me with a wonky mag release. Not a got sign. Then there is the fact that they killed the one model I was looking for a small(ish) DA/SA 9mm.

I would like to stick with CZ or Ruger, although my ego is still sore at the perceived slight I received by Ruger's customer service (or lack thereof). There is also the problem that Ruger doesn't have a subcompact SA/DA 9mm. Plus they have a fondness for the color teal. So CZ really needs to release a P-05.

Okay, rants over. Anyone want to buy a CSX or trade for said?

I've actually tried. No one wants to drop five bills on an only driven on Sundays, dropped once CSX. So.... off to the chop shop. Plus I cannot afford an HK and not a fan of Sig's. I would trade it for a S&W 3913 or 908, or a Ruger P-93 or P-94. I would trade it and grease the deal with cash for a 3913TSW or a RAMI.

As to everything else. I have too many (not really) Glocks to want to do anything striker fired. I try to like Smith in general and would like a gen 3 single stack 9, but invariably I have bad luck with them: 5906 with FTE problems, Chief's Special that had a mis-bored barrel, M&P40 1.0 that you couldn't feel the reset. At all. Then the trigger broke. My 5906TSW doesn't count (yet). It was a pound rescue that must have been kept in the leaky trunk of a derby car for a decade before coming up on auction.

The one Springfield I have bought since 2004 came to me with a wonky mag release. Not a got sign. Then there is the fact that they killed the one model I was looking for a small(ish) DA/SA 9mm.

I would like to stick with CZ or Ruger, although my ego is still sore at the perceived slight I received by Ruger's customer service (or lack thereof). There is also the problem that Ruger doesn't have a subcompact SA/DA 9mm. Plus they have a fondness for the color teal. So CZ really needs to release a P-05.

Okay, rants over. Anyone want to buy a CSX or trade for said?
You couldn't give me a Ruger semi automatic.

As to the main topic, yeah, I agree with you now, although I fear I have no real answers to your query.

You couldn't give me a Ruger semi automatic.

As to the main topic, yeah, I agree with you now, although I fear I have no real answers to your query.
Now days, yeah I won't buy a Ruger. Their revolvers are tanks, but you pay a premium. Not what Smith thinks of themselves, but not so low that I haven't gone elsewhere.

I don't know how anyone else feels, and for sure I am biased by my irrational preference for my P-85, but the "P" series, at the end were the best autos from Ruger. The P-95 was a performer and then Ruger finally made them attractive with the P345.

Back