testtest

How to Buy a Shotgun: 4 Things You Need to Know Before You Buy

The article states that the 28 gauge is one of the three most common. I've never had any experience with 28 gauge. I can't tell if the author meant to write "20 gauge", or if 28 gauge is the one he is trying to recommend. I'm actually considering a 28 gauge, if I can find one, because that is the only ammo left in stock at any big-box store in town.

The article states that the 28 gauge is one of the three most common. I've never had any experience with 28 gauge. I can't tell if the author meant to write "20 gauge", or if 28 gauge is the one he is trying to recommend. I'm actually considering a 28 gauge, if I can find one, because that is the only ammo left in stock at any big-box store in town.

Stevens 555 O/U

Beretta 686 comes in 28ga.

Beretta makes beautiful shotguns, but they are almost always out of my price range. Are all 28 gauge shotguns over-unders, or do they make pump guns in 28 gauge?

Remington 870

Beretta makes beautiful shotguns, but they are almost always out of my price range. Are all 28 gauge shotguns over-unders, or do they make pump guns in 28 gauge?
Winchester used to make the Model 12 in 28ga, but they carry quite a premium and counterfeits are common.

I'm pretty sure there’s some 870’s in 28 running around as well...but not current (such as it is) production.

I have an old bolt action 28 gauge. I forget now who made it. I know it has a one piece stock which the original is long gone and the one it sits in was made, checkered and finished by my father back when he owned a gunstock business.

I tend to look at shotguns practically. Rarely opting for the latest or greatest. (i.e. Benelli M4, Beretta, etc..) I bought a Citori, which is by all accounts a fantastic bird gun. I hunt mostly with a Stevens side by side 12 or a Fox side by side 20 though, which I very much prefer.

Something about 870s bothers me. Just don't like them. I'm happy with the 500. Always been happy with a Browning A5.

Of course I have a slight bent for bullpups these days.

Winchester used to make the Model 12 in 28ga, but they carry quite a premium and counterfeits are common.

I'm pretty sure there’s some 870’s in 28 running around as well...but not current (such as it is) production.

The 870's would probably be the only ones in my price range. I've been shooting for almost 20 years, and own several shotguns, but I know almost nothing about either the 16 ga. or 28 ga. offerings. I only own 12 ga. and 20 ga. models, but am familiar with the .410. I don't think I've ever seen a 28 ga. or 16 ga. at the range, and don't personally know anyone who owns either one. I'm hoping 12 and 20 gauge shells will be back in stock by the time it would take me to save for a .28 gauge.

Back