testtest

How to Create a Diversion for Personal Defense

I wouldn't do anything that would announce your potential location to a perp.

There are other methods/items/devices that would that allow you to actually startle/divert/scare off a perp vs. allowing them to focus on where you might be. Especially, in close quarters where movement opportunities can be limited.

My .02

Last edited:
We had a workshop a year or so ago, conducted by our local PD. One of the scenarios was several of us in a room, then an active “shooter” came in with a laser pointer. He got most of us in a matter of seconds. We all armed ourselves with nerf balls and other soft, throwable projectiles. The next “shooter” only got two or three of us in the allotted time limit. Diversions/distractions work!

Thanks for the link, Anni. Very good information.

Absolutely. You have to be able to read the situation and be planning for a threat at the earliest stages possible. When a guy is 3' away pointing a gun at your head it's way too late for a distraction.

Here is another read from the Sheriff, how to create a diversion for personal defense. Interesting read and information.

how-to-create-a-diversion-for-personal-defense
Good article. Just made me think about moving my wallet from the age old RR pocket to LR. Allows me to take it out and "toss" just short for him while the right hand is starting the draw....maybe.....need to practice that a bit.....that versus using the apparent reach for the wallet but going to holster (Right IWB) instead.
Gonna look weird throwing my "wallet" around on the range this weekend. :p :LOL: :p

Back