testtest

[How-To] Successfully Survive a Home Invasion

Good article on how to survive a home invasion, good read and information.

Very good article Annihilator thanks for sharing, although mentioned this is one of many articles on surviving a home invasion I found it well written as it talked a lot about being prepared, although I wasn’t home last weekend when I was forced to draw my weapon to stop being a victim I was fortunate not to have to pull the trigger and I strongly believe my situational awareness and preparedness was key to a good ending. I won’t kid myself in how that experience has affected me mentally as I have not slept well since and although it has strengthened me to ramp up what I see and how I respond to what’s around me. Being prepared and training is paramount.

Watch your dog chew their leg off while you sit back and finish your sandwich
Requires a certain kind of dog. Mine not so much, unless it's a pheasant. Otherwise she will bark then bring a slipper. She does have a "get your gun, Papa" bark.

Attachments

• 20170802_083653.jpg
    20170802_083653.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
Very good article Annihilator thanks for sharing, although mentioned this is one of many articles on surviving a home invasion I found it well written as it talked a lot about being prepared, although I wasn’t home last weekend when I was forced to draw my weapon to stop being a victim I was fortunate not to have to pull the trigger and I strongly believe my situational awareness and preparedness was key to a good ending. I won’t kid myself in how that experience has affected me mentally as I have not slept well since and although it has strengthened me to ramp up what I see and how I respond to what’s around me. Being prepared and training is paramount.
…I remember u posted that situation with those yahoo’s closing in on you at your vehicle, Key.
I’d be a nervous wreck for a month if that happened to me.

I hate the idea that we have to watch ourselves all the time. Esp knowing that the vast majority of people we pass on the streets mean no harm even if they do look weird, unkempt or just different from me. It’s that 1% that bear watching - the predators and opportunists…

Meh…
Some good points in there. Most of these articles do have at least some useful takeaways. This one’s better than most. Imho.

But home-def, self-def is turning into another self help industry.
it seems that in today's world you can only depend on you to help yourself. in a sense, home/self defense truly are self help industries. unfortunately, i believe that it has come to that in our "civilized world".

On a positive note regarding how loud a firearm is indoors, one of the FFL's I frequent, just today told me today they are gearing up for a digital fingerprinter and related equipment for digitally applying for suppressor applications (stamp? permit? whatever...), which he said should drop the wait time to weeks instead of a year...I will certainly get a threaded-barrel pistol (or 3) and pistol-AR with a threaded barrel when I can get a suppressor in a month.

On a positive note regarding how loud a firearm is indoors, one of the FFL's I frequent, just today told me today they are gearing up for a digital fingerprinter and related equipment for digitally applying for suppressor applications (stamp? permit? whatever...), which he said should drop the wait time to weeks instead of a year...I will certainly get a threaded-barrel pistol (or 3) and pistol-AR with a threaded barrel when I can get a suppressor in a month.
Lots of thread here already on the change.
Its called the Efile system from the ATF. 90 days is what ATF expects suppressors to be once they get all the kinks worked out, … “when” ..is the key word

Back