testtest

I bought the XDS 9mm Mod 2 OSP

Iceman

Alpha
So, after a lot of research, information on this forum and watching many reviews, I bought the XDS 9mm Mod 2 OSP today! I went to my local gun store last week and held both the XDS and the Hellcat. The XDS just felt better in my hands than the Hellcat. I have large hands and I liked the Hellcat, but the XDS was clearly easier to hold and with the addition of the 9 round mag, it felt like a full size gun. Now I have to wait for 7 days for the background check, (Maryland law), then I will be able to take possession of my gun. These guns are very hard to find in my area, so I feel fortunate to have been able to buy one now. BTW, this was the only XDS they had in stock.

Very nice! You will have to tell us how it runs. I have not seen a ton of real people feedback on the osp mod2 but it’s been on my radar. Love my hellcat but I can’t stay committed (even though it is my edc).

Yes, I am going to use my XDS as an edc. I also have a Shield 2.0 .40 which is currently at Smith and Wesson for repair work.

What’s the matter with the Shield? I carry a Shield PC .40 every day. Couple thousand rounds through it by now and no problems. Just curious.

Congrats on the new gun by the way. :).

What’s the matter with the Shield? I carry a Shield PC .40 every day. Couple thousand rounds through it by now and no problems. Just curious.

Congrats on the new gun by the way. :).
I would be interested on what is up with the Shield as well. I have the 2.0 in 9mm. Let us know how you like the OSP on the XDS. Wasn't available yet when I bought mine.
Good luck with it.

I would be interested on what is up with the Shield as well. I have the 2.0 in 9mm. Let us know how you like the OSP on the XDS. Wasn't available yet when I bought mine.
Good luck with it.
Extractor issues with the Shield. I had the same issue with my first Shield 1.0 as well. No issues with both of my full size .40 M&P's. They have been flawless.

Where in Maryland?

You'll love the XDS - I have a Mod.1 and it was my EDC for years until I picked up a Hellcat. I still love the XDS, though, and split the EDC work between them. They shoot just about the same for me, so back and forth is only a matter of remembering how many rounds I have on board. I'd carry the Hellcat every day (it is, even fully loaded, noticeably lighter than the XDS), but it's been chewing up my shirts - the grip feels great shooting, but it snags my clothes and is causing runs. I need to get some sort of a grip wrap - which sucks, because I LOVE how it grips while shooting. Zero issues with the XDS, I just wanted the extra capacity of the Hellcat.

Back