testtest

i think i passed a kidney stone earlier

Being a fellow diabetic with heart concerns I can really relate. If it doesn't fly or swim I'm not supposed to eat it, and even then how either are cooked is another concern.
well, i tell my doctor straight up that i DO "cheat" on what i eat.

the Mrs even knows this as well.

sometimes when i am at the check out line at wally-world, i will buy a snickers bar..

BUT, when i get it home, i slice it into smaller pieces, even smaller than those "bite sized" ones they sell.

i then eat a slice maybe once a day, or skip a day.

the ADA had years ago said, small amounts of candy are ok

According to the American Diabetes Association, people with diabetes can still have sweets, chocolate, or other sugary foods as long they are eaten as part of a healthful meal plan or combined with exercise. They consider a healthful meal plan to: have limited saturated fat. contain moderate amounts of salt and sugar.

i just DO NOT over due it...

it can be weeks before i get pregnant women's cravings.....

I have one stone in each side that will not ( can not ) pass because of being to big. They both were found late last year but were in a position where they weren't a concern , along with many smaller stones. Now the one in the left Kidney is causing me fits. This pain is not new to me since I have had 3 operations to remove the suckers in the past.

I am also diabetic and I just found out last year that I shouldn't eat most nuts , including peanuts. No dark green vegies , and nothing that ends in berry , such as strawberry , blackberry , etc... :cry: I do eat a 1/2 cup of pistachios in the shell each night. Yes , before any of you youngwhipper snappers ask , I shell them before eating. ;)

Life sucks more and more as you age.

EDIT to add: I am awaiting a call to let me know when the appointment is to get this dang stone out of my left kidney.

375913-Tonya-Hurley-Quote-Life-sucks-then-you-die-Then-it-sucks-again.jpg

I have one stone in each side that will not ( can not ) pass because of being to big. They both were found late last year but were in a position where they weren't a concern , along with many smaller stones. Now the one in the left Kidney is causing me fits. This pain is not new to me since I have had 3 operations to remove the suckers in the past.

I am also diabetic and I just found out last year that I shouldn't eat most nuts , including peanuts. No dark green vegies , and nothing that ends in berry , such as strawberry , blackberry , etc... :cry: I do eat a 1/2 cup of pistachios in the shell each night. Yes , before any of you youngwhipper snappers ask , I shell them before eating. ;)

EDIT to add: I am awaiting a call to let me know when the appointment is to get this dang stone out of my left kidney.
well, as i said in my first posting, there were 14 stones in my left kidney some years ago.

the "smashing" of them was painless, the doctor gave me some "happy juice", and i was out until the nurse slapped me......(when i woke up, i thought i was at home and my wife did it)...trust me, i think she volunteered.

the past 3 or so ultra sounds, now there are stones in my left AND right kidneys.

yes, all nuts i have to stay away from, but tell you what, when i get a craving for a peanut butter, jelly, and banana sammich, i'm going full in on that..>!!!!!

yes, as we age, we do not have the same appetite, and eat far less.

even foods we loved in our youth, we shy away from, not due to diabetes, but maybe other "gastric" reasons.....

Wait until they start yanking out those toenails!!! Boy, do I have some stories.
I worked with a guy that had all his toenails pulled at the same time. He took 4 weeks off work and when he came back to work he walked around on his heels for another 2 weeks. I felt sorry for the guy and didn't really like him.

I worked with a guy that had all his toenails pulled at the same time. He took 4 weeks off work and when he came back to work he walked around on his heels for another 2 weeks. I felt sorry for the guy and didn't really like him.
why do people have to have toe nails pulled..????

Constantly having ingrown toenails. This is what started when I found out I had diabetes.
Yep, had my toenail on my big toe surgically removed when I was 18, nail grew through end of my toe, almost had gangrene set it, nail was permanently removed, doctor cut into artery bleed all over his room, now I have no feeling at all in that toe, also during procedure got nerve damage, sucked!

In the summer of 67 I had my 'first' to my knowledge painful kidney stone incident. I went to the local hospital and they said they were closed. They eventually let me in.
I never noticed any pain when the stone left!
Since then I had them every 3 to five years.
The last significant one only left after being blown up at the hospital.
Dairy products were a no no.
I've been fortunate to not have made a trip to the er for kidney stones dor 10 or so years.

Yep, had my toenail on my big toe surgically removed when I was 18, nail grew through end of my toe, almost had gangrene set it, nail was permanently removed, doctor cut into artery bleed all over his room, now I have no feeling at all in that toe, also during procedure got nerve damage, sucked!
Sounds like they cut the nerve and it never headed back ❓

No worries, they will blame all of it on you.

Back