testtest

i wasn't going to leave empty handed

Old_Me

Ronin
so, since the LGS still does not have the new Emissary (but they are on the way in a few weeks), i just stomped my foot down on the floor, and said, "dang it, i ain't gonna leave empty handed"....and i walked out (of course i paid for it) a new S/A Mil Spec 1911

i don't have any of my own pics yet, so here is a link to the site

took it home, striped it, cleaned and lubed, and ready for the range most likely next week.

oh yeah, also picked up 7, yes 7 ....Wilson Combat 8 rd mags as well......

cuz for 3 days this week..??

sales tax free days...saved $75.00 total......

dang.......i gotta stop going there........and stomping my feet.

so, since the LGS still does not have the new Emissary (but they are on the way in a few weeks), i just stomped my foot down on the floor, and said, "dang it, i ain't gonna leave empty handed"....and i walked out (of course i paid for it) a new S/A Mil Spec 1911

took it home, striped it, cleaned and lubed, and ready for the range most likely next week.

I’ve been wanting one of those… Or a Defender ( DYL ?).

Congrats and enjoy !!

i have a lengthy write up and review on this site. Love my SA Mil Spec

You are going to love this gun I also got a couple of mags from mags.com for 12 bucks they work perfectly with this gun the brand kci the photo shows the left one is original for the mil spec I like the Wilson and the kci set up better less to go wrong have fun

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
You are going to love this gun I also got a couple of mags from mags.com for 12 bucks they work perfectly with this gun the brand kci the photo shows the left one is original for the mil spec I like the Wilson and the kci set up better less to go wrong have fun
yeah, it is CA compliant, so it has 2...7 rnd mags...

but then i figured since i was there, i'd look for mags...many times, they are out of stock..

but they had like 2 dozen of the Wilson Combat (8 rds) and i figured, i had better grab at least 2......then i thought...4.....then i thought 6......so i settled on 7......

with the many times i buy a 1911....i'll have spares to make sure every range trip, each 1911 that i own....willl go to the range with 4 mags....

i buy the soft-sided pistol carrier, at walmart, like $10 each, and they have a compartment for 4 mags....

made by Allen

and then, THAT carry case, goes into my range bag, with the ear/eye stuff, and other crappola one takes to a range.

almost looks like this

1628105842326.png

i took my new S/A Mil Spec, 1911 to the club this morning, and the Tisas as well

each gun shot off 100 rds, of reloaded ammo.

beautiful day at the club, no hiccups.

all my 1911's have 8 rd mags, this S/A is CA compliant with 2, 7 rd mags.

i forgot that little detail and tried to load that extra 45 in them.....

makes no sense to me, that the 1911's only have 8 rd mags to begin with, and if CA wanted 10 rds, as a max, why take away 1 stinking rnd in the 1911..???

well, i went on a mag buying spree the same day i got this gun.......so i got many more 8 rd mags on hand.

just dumb, dumb, dumb, what CA did.

but it still did not ruin my day

16740. As used in this part, “large-capacity magazine” means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following: (a) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds. (b) A .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device. (c) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.

i took my new S/A Mil Spec, 1911 to the club this morning, and the Tisas as well

each gun shot off 100 rds, of reloaded ammo.

beautiful day at the club, no hiccups.

all my 1911's have 8 rd mags, this S/A is CA compliant with 2, 7 rd mags.

i forgot that little detail and tried to load that extra 45 in them.....

makes no sense to me, that the 1911's only have 8 rd mags to begin with, and if CA wanted 10 rds, as a max, why take away 1 stinking rnd in the 1911..???

well, i went on a mag buying spree the same day i got this gun.......so i got many more 8 rd mags on hand.

just dumb, dumb, dumb, what CA did.

but it still did not ruin my day

16740. As used in this part, “large-capacity magazine” means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following: (a) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds. (b) A .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device. (c) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.
God I love range days.

Back