testtest

if it ain't one thing, it's another........

I feel the Pileated Woodpecker and Cedar Waxwing are the most beautifully striking flyers. And hummers, of course!
I’m a woodpecker fanatic. I particularly love the Pileated ( which look like psycho clown killers to me) but we have 6 or 7 different kinds that hit up our feeders. I would have loved to have seen an Ivory Billed Woodpecker but….

I’m a woodpecker fanatic. I particularly love the Pileated ( which look like psycho clown killers to me) but we have 6 or 7 different kinds that hit up our feeders. I would have loved to have seen an Ivory Billed Woodpecker but….
woody-woodpecker-crazy-bird.gif

I'm with you. True story-many years past, I glimpsed, at considerable distance, a bird that made my heart skip beats. "Could it be? Could it possibly be?" I eased on and was able to positively identify. You know what it was; an uncommonly HUGE Pileated. Unforgettable! God's handiwork. . .
There are reports ( unsubstantiated of course) of sightings of Ivory Billed Woodpeckers. Science supports the theory that man extincted them.

Back