testtest

If You have to “Bug Out” what firearms do you take with you?

So you have to leave, the S*** has truly hit the fan, society is broken down, law enforcement has been de-funded everywhere, mobs roam the streets, there is a window of opportunity to get out to your secure hideaway in the woods that is stocked with food and water for two adults for months and months And clothes but no firearms. Now over the years you’ve collected a vast arsenal of weapons, let’s say you have 50 guns of all types and thousands of rounds of ammunition.

Ok I’ve laid out a worst case scenario, it’s bad, luckily it’s just you and your significant other, you’ve got a 4X4 truck in great condition it’s got gas and you have extra fuel, your home/apartment is as secure as possible, but you can’t possibly take all your guns/ammo.
The one good thing is You are both tactically trained.
Remember you have limited time, you’ve heard from friends you have maybe 30 minutes before your over run with violent mobs.
So-
What Guns do you take with you?
What do you put on your person?
What do you pack?
How much ammunition?
Stick to the scenario laid out, what do you take.

Well, so much to do in so little time! But, "I" have prepped well so to speak and all I really need to do is pick my weapon(s) of choice.
Pick the weapons which handle multiple ammo rounds.
Smith & Wesson 686, . 357 Magnum, 4” bbl.
Ruger Redhawk, . 44 Magnum, 4” or 5.5” bbl.
Smith & Wesson Model 48, . 22 Magnum.
Glock 20, 10mm Auto.
AR-15, 5.56mm (may be nominal)
Wish I could take my 30 ot 6.😒

My Colt M4 SOCOM 5.56 for the zombie horde. I've got .....a lot of ammo ready to go already in Pmags so easy to throw in the truck.
Bug out bag includes my Glock 22 .40 cal with 7 15-round mags and extra ammo, lots of extra goodies for bug out purposes, so that goes.
Savage scoped .22 rifle and ammo for hunting small game if we make it to our bug out location.
Springfield XD45 Mod 2 for carrying on my side. No longer have to worry about carrying concealed, so I'll be using the tactical leg holster for my XD.

Except for water, which if I make to our pre-planned location, we have a natural supply of, got everything else pretty much bagged up and ready to go as far as weapons. In 20 minutes we could load a sizeable amount of ammo and weapons, enough hopefully to fight our way to out into the boonies a few counties away. My wife drives, I shoot, she's a much more aggressive driver....lol.

Well, so much to do in so little time! But, "I" have prepped well so to speak and all I really need to do is pick my weapon(s) of choice.
Pick the weapons which handle multiple ammo rounds.
Smith & Wesson 686, . 357 Magnum, 4” bbl.
Ruger Redhawk, . 44 Magnum, 4” or 5.5” bbl.
Smith & Wesson Model 48, . 22 Magnum.
Glock 20, 10mm Auto.
AR-15, 5.56mm (may be nominal)
Wish I could take my 30 ot 6.😒
You didn’t mention ammunition but good picks on weapons.

My Colt M4 SOCOM 5.56 for the zombie horde. I've got .....a lot of ammo ready to go already in Pmags so easy to throw in the truck.
Bug out bag includes my Glock 22 .40 cal with 7 15-round mags and extra ammo, lots of extra goodies for bug out purposes, so that goes.
Savage scoped .22 rifle and ammo for hunting small game if we make it to our bug out location.
Springfield XD45 Mod 2 for carrying on my side. No longer have to worry about carrying concealed, so I'll be using the tactical leg holster for my XD.

Except for water, which if I make to our pre-planned location, we have a natural supply of, got everything else pretty much bagged up and ready to go as far as weapons. In 20 minutes we could load a sizeable amount of ammo and weapons, enough hopefully to fight our way to out into the boonies a few counties away. My wife drives, I shoot, she's a much more aggressive driver....lol.
Excellent answer, I should have included that you WILL make it to your destination and it is defensible and you added having to possibly fight your way there.

According to the scenario your going to have to fight to get to your destination. Once there survive. I would have my AR-308 as my rifle, it would be my battle and hunting rifle. I would have my G40 and would carry a .22 for rabbits and squirrels. I say the G40 due to the fact you can go mild to wild in ammo, defensive mild ammo to hot hunting ammo.

Sig Legion x5 9mm: its a 17 round mag.. i have 7 mags pre loaded and 3000 rounds in boxes

S&W MP15-22 .22LR cal AR: 25 rd mag and I have 8 mags pre loaded. 10,000 rds in boxes

These are lightweight and easy to carry rounds. Guns are lightweight. I can have 2000 rounds of .22 in a backpack and 200 9mm on me at all times. Rest in truck. Better half can reload mags as we go

Much of all this depends on the area one lives in, where & how far one may be bugging out to, the extent of potential threats along a trip to that destination, and whether one is doing it on foot or some sort of transportation. Those last two points (foot or vehicle) will determine a weapons & ammo load out.

I believe in traveling light and fast, and in order to reach a desired location I would avoid any potential conflicts. So I would have the following..

What Guns do you take with you?

1) On foot - AR carbine, primary & back-up 9mm pistols & .22lr pistol.
2) With vehicle - #1 plus a patrol-type bolt action rifle in 6.5 CM or .308.

What do you put on your person?

#1 above

What do you pack?

1) On foot - Food & water for 1 week (water filter included), minimal shelter, and clothing for the season.
2) With vehicle - Sufficient supplies to reach destination, including sufficient fuel to reach destination w/o need to seek additional fuel

How much ammunition?

1) On foot - AR 4+1 30 rd. loaded plus one reload on strippers, pistols - primary 9mm 5 mags, back-up 3 mags, 22lr 7 mags.
2) With vehicle - Increased reloads for above in addition to other supplies.

But since I already live in the last best place my above Vehicle specs are usually my kit when driving away from my AOPS.

My .02

Last edited:
Actually not far from our situation with our age and some of my wifes issues bugging out means by vehicle. Most likely to our cabin.

Not sticking to the scenario, I take everything I can cram in as my wife gets other things, every weapon and round.

Sticking to the scenario I would take :

1. Marlin 357 lever carbine. Pick this for ammunition compatabiliry and simplicity.

2. Taurus M66 - my wifes service revolver.

3. Sw 637 - wifes CCW

4. SW model 60 - my Ccw

5. All .38 special and .357 magnum rounds loaded. A mix of 158 grain 38 special lead swchp, and 357 mag 158 grain soft point and hp.

6. East German makarov and about 500 rounds mixed Fiocchi mc and PP Hp.This is my service type pistol.

7. CMR30 - wifes PDW. Six magazines. With about 500 rounds CCI Hp

8. Savage .22 magnum this is my sniper/hunter I have others but it matched ammunition with my wifes rifle.

9. Mossberg 500 with 20 inch accuchoke barrel, fiber optic ghost sights and blackhawk Compstock. All loaded 12 guage, mix of smaller bird shot, 4 buck, and slug. First thought I almost left this off but it's really my do everything, especially truck gun to repel borders. My wife shoots it extremely well also with the comp stock.

Last edited:
Let’s see.

Steyr AUG as the in-vehicle weapon. Bullpup is easy to handle in tight spaces. I keep a satchel with 5x40 and 1x30 mags ready to go. Grab the ammo cans with extra 5.56.

Heavy long gun would be the HK91. Many spare mags loaded for it in ammo cans, as well

Savage/Stevens 20ga/.22 LR as a game-getter. Ammo cans for each.

Pistols—USP9’s and the S&W 65 cut for moon clips—can run 9mm. S&W 617 and a Buckmark .22’s. Ammo cans.

The gun-specific toolbox—has punches, screwdrivers, hammer, AR tools, some HK specific tools, solvents & lubes, cleaning kit.

If this has taken under 15 minutes of my 30, I’ll grab my Savage .308 precision rifle, and ammo.

Fortunately, our “cabin” has a small but decent arms locker already, with a shotgun, .22, an AR, and a few pistols—very well hidden, along with ammo & other necessities.

all of them...

Attachments

• gun storage .jpg
    gun storage .jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 592
Actually not far from our situation with our age and some of my wifes issues bugging out means by vehicle. Most likely to our cabin.

Not sticking to the scenario, I take everything I can cram in as my wife gets other things, every weapon and round.

Sticking to the scenario I would take :

1. Marlin 357 lever carbine. Pick this for ammunition compatabiliry and simplicity.

2. Taurus M66 - my wifes service revolver.

3. Sw 637 - wifes CCW

4. SW model 60 - my Ccw

5. All .38 special and .357 magnum rounds loaded. A mix of 158 grain 38 special lead swchp, and 357 mag 158 grain soft point and hp.

6. East German makarov and about 500 rounds mixed Fiocchi mc and PP Hp.This is my service type pistol.

7. CMR30 - wifes PDW. Six magazines. With about 500 rounds CCI Hp

8. Savage .22 magnum this is my sniper/hunter I have others but it matched ammunition with my wifes rifle.

9. Mossberg 500 with 20 inch accuchoke barrel, fiber optic ghost sights and blackhawk Compstock. All loaded 12 guage, mix of smaller bird shot, 4 buck, and slug. First thought I almost left this off but it's really my do everything, especially truck gun to repel borders. My wife shoots it extremely well also with the comp stock.
If I had to lose a couple weapons I would drop the 637 and Makarov.
Let’s see.

Steyr AUG as the in-vehicle weapon. Bullpup is easy to handle in tight spaces. I keep a satchel with 5x40 and 1x30 mags ready to go. Grab the ammo cans with extra 5.56.

Heavy long gun would be the HK91. Many spare mags loaded for it in ammo cans, as well

Pistols—USP9’s and the S&W 65 cut for moon clips—can run 9mm. S&W 617 and a Buckmark .22’s. Ammo cans.

The gun-specific toolbox—has punches, screwdrivers, hammer, AR tools, some HK specific tools, solvents & lubes, cleaning kit.

If this has taken under 15 minutes of my 30, I’ll grab my Savage .308 precision rifle, and ammo.

Fortunately, our “cabin” has a small but decent arms locker already, with a shotgun, .22, an AR, and a few pistols—very well hidden, along with ammo & other necessities.
Nice, I purposefully glossed over what was already at the cabin ;)

Let’s see.

Very well said and done.

Well there are some I wouldn't be able to get to with a 30 minute time limit, but I do have a big ol' duffle and I'm pretty sure I could get all the pistols that are in the house.

As far as long guns:

BAR 30-06
KSG25
Mossberg 500
AR 5.56

Between the ammo and mags for the long guns that'd probably be all I have time for.

Alright my choice of firearms is simple for my self im going to grab my xd mod. 2 , I'd like a keltec sub 2000 in 9mm as my tactical rifle, a mossberg 500 preferably with a 18.5 inch barrel for tactical situations better but still good for hunting, i would want a revolver as my backup maybe a s&w in 357,
And just for good measure a 357 lever action
As for ammo I would want at least 2000 rounds of 9mm around 1000 shells of 00 buckshot and 1000 #6 shells for small game and just 2000 rounds for the revolver and lever action aswell as a
3 day pack with rations and spare cloths just in case we had to ditch the truck for any reason I would want to be prepared for that outcome I would make sure to have 5 magazines for my xd and 10 of the 33 round mags for the keltec

For carry handguns, we each take one XDM Elite 9mm w/ 22 round magazines. My backup/pocket gun is a .380 acp Ruger LCP II, and my wife's is the LCP II in .22 lr. I would carry my PSA AK on a sling, and my wife would carry a Saint AR on a sling. We would take backpacks with extra mags for the AK and AR, as well as a Ruger 10/22 takedown with several hundred rounds of .22 lr ammo, a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 with several extra mags, and a few boxes of 9mm ammo. I would throw a Mossberg 590A1 with a few boxes of buckshot and slugs in the truck. Depending on how much room is left in the truck, I'm throwing in as much ammo as possible, my SKS, a Marlin Model 60, and my Glock 19. I'm assuming that I could pack a whole lot in a truck in 30 minutes, but adding my wife to the mix may slow things down considerably.

Back