testtest

Importance of Situational Awareness....

Several years before we got concealed carry I had an incident happen to me. I had gone to a funeral so I was dressed up and wearing my 3/4 length coat. Being as I am disabled I was parked close to front of the Walmart store. I came out from shopping and it was drizzling rain . As I was putting my oxygen on wheels in my truck , the hair on the back of my head stood up. I didn't hear anything that I can remember but I immediately spun around , saw a young guy trotting towards me about 15 feet away and closing , and swept my coat back so I could get to my assisted opening knife as I hollered STOP.

As I swept my coat back and hollered , the guy tried to turn himself inside out turning around and heading the other way. I didn't even get the knife unclipped from my pocket. Listen to your senses and don't ignore them.

This taught me just how quickly something can go down.

Situation, and surrounding awareness is only half of it. Instincts play a massive role too. I honed my instincts growing up while hunting, hiking, fishing and ect. People have tried to sneak up on me but always fail. I trust my senses and instincts to tell me what's up. This also helps me judge someone's character. You never know if someone will stab you in the back literally or mentally.

Back