testtest

Improved sights

im53773

Alpha
Hello, I love my Springfield P9 series 1911 Range Officer model but would like to upgrade the original sights. During a recent trip to the shooting range I discovered that I couldn’t see the sights very well at all when shooting at a target with a dark background. I was hoping for suggestions on something in a Tritium replacement for low visibility conditions. Thanks in advance.

Having just started this project It didn’t take long to realize that there are lots of available choices out there, and that there’s very little standardization among producers of 1911 pistols, which makes shopping for the parts somewhat challenging. I’ll be working with a local shooting range that also employs a full time gunsmith for completing this upgrade.

Having just started this project It didn’t take long to realize that there are lots of available choices out there, and that there’s very little standardization among producers of 1911 pistols, which makes shopping for the parts somewhat challenging. I’ll be working with a local shooting range that also employs a full time gunsmith for completing this upgrade.
Or you could send your slide to @xdman …he does great work, and he knows Springfield pistols. He can get the correct sights and install them for you…

Any reccomendations for replacement iron sights for an XDe? The crappy OEM fiber keeps breaking. I really like the Hellcat U-dot config. This a point and shoot gun for me so I'm not looking for high-end night sights. I have a set of TFX Pros on my G34. Love 'em but don't need those on this. Easy to find fiber etc on the net but basic irons sights seem harder to find..🙄

Any reccomendations for replacement iron sights for an XDe? The crappy OEM fiber keeps breaking. I really like the Hellcat U-dot config. This a point and shoot gun for me so I'm not looking for high-end night sights. I have a set of TFX Pros on my G34. Love 'em but don't need those on this. Easy to find fiber etc on the net but basic irons sights seem harder to find..🙄
I would talk to James @xdman.

A gunsmith was trying to install an AmerigloTritium 741 front sight on a Springfield 10mm XDM Elite 3.8 and the original front sight was difficult to remove and broke during the install. Is there a better tritium front sight which would fit?

Back