testtest

Individual Officer Program Ended

pmiya

Operator
Last week I checked on an order from last year for an SA-35. The local dealer told me that the IOP had been ended by Springfield Armory and he was waiting to hear back from Springfield. I sent an email to Springfield on Monday, this morning I received a response from Steve H. at Springfield. He let me know that the program was being replaced as of March 1, 2022 and that all back orders had been cancelled.

I apologize for my first post on this forum being a bit of a negative response to Springfield Armory. I have been following the forum for quite a while. I rarely post on forums and spend more time reading and trying to learn from other's experience.

Currently I only own 2 Springfield Armory products, M1A's a 308 and a 6.5 Creedmoor.

After I had ordered the pistol I started seeing reviews and posts about the issues with extraction. I started having some second thoughts about the order but I had placed it with the dealer and would stand by my word that I would buy the pistol.

I sent a copy of the email I received to the dealer. I received a response back within a few minutes advising that they were aware that the order had been cancelled but were waiting to see how Springfield planned to resolve the issue of orders that had been placed.

Last week I checked on an order from last year for an SA-35. The local dealer told me that the IOP had been ended by Springfield Armory and he was waiting to hear back from Springfield. I sent an email to Springfield on Monday, this morning I received a response from Steve H. at Springfield. He let me know that the program was being replaced as of March 1, 2022 and that all back orders had been cancelled.

I apologize for my first post on this forum being a bit of a negative response to Springfield Armory. I have been following the forum for quite a while. I rarely post on forums and spend more time reading and trying to learn from other's experience.

Currently I only own 2 Springfield Armory products, M1A's a 308 and a 6.5 Creedmoor.
If it's any consolation, I received the SA-35 that I purchased through the IOP program several months ago. It's been back with Springfield for a few weeks now due to extraction issues. Waiting a little while to see what the IOP is replaced with before buying an SA-35 may not be a bad thing. I have faith that Springfield will get everything corrected, but the SA-35 needs a little more fine-tuning at this point.

This afternoon I got a call from the local dealer who had ordered the SA-35 for me under the old IOP. I was told that they are ordering a "few" of the SA-35 and would order one for me. He cautioned that the price would be a little higher than the IOP price and quoted me a price of $559. He also stated that there was no idea on how long it would take to get the pistol. I had him order one for me. At least my local dealer is taking care of me.

Back