testtest

Injection or Lay-up?

Howdy, I'm very new to this life and have a question regarding the composite stocks I have been seeing.
Which is better? Lay up or injection?
More specifically does anyone know if the Winchester XPR injection or lay up?
Same question for the Browning AB3.
Been searching the internet and cannot find the answers.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'd be much more interested in the action and barrel than the method of manufacture of the stock, but that's my opinion. I have a Browning A-Bolt II and it's fantastic. I'm not familiar with the Winchester XPR but if it's close to the Winchester Model 70 it's going to be a fantastic rifle. My quess is you'll be happy with either rifle. To answer your specific question, I don't know which is better or why, nor do I know what they put on each rifle. What I can say is you can often put a new stock on a rifle if you don't like the old one.

Thank you, I'm ok with the action. At least as far as I can understand through hundreds of reviews.
I like the idea of a composite stalk but I think that it's method of construction may be important to the rifles longevity.
I'm looking at the Browning AB3 and the Winchester XPR.

Laminate stocks are the next best thing to composite if you can get past the extra weight. There is almost no chance of warpage or cracking if cared for and the color combinations can make a black or stainless steel action pop. If your a lover of Laminate stocks here’s a couple pictures of laminate stocks staged for CNC machining of the action cuts.
75 stocks on a rack.
the rack upfront is Birch.

Attachments

• CC5CF954-40FC-40C3-A876-D50DFF70091C.jpeg
    CC5CF954-40FC-40C3-A876-D50DFF70091C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
  • F7DA53F3-D84D-494E-AD15-5F59C8D350AD.jpeg
    F7DA53F3-D84D-494E-AD15-5F59C8D350AD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
Back