testtest

Interesting Find at a Garage Sale

So I found these at a garage sale and was wondering if you guys could give me some insight as to the legitimacy/rarity/cool factor and of course a price?

There are around 10-12 total. I believe they all reference the 1919 .30cal.

They are original, I think as they all appear to be written in the same paint style ink.

20220519_174412.jpg
20220519_174430.jpg
20220519_174507.jpg

They are definitely cool, not sure who you would have them authenticated by. Not sure why they would be faked, I cannot imagine in the antique document market there is a huge market for fake firearm blueprints.

SA might be able to tell you if they, or someone else, replicated those type documents as some type of promotion.

As for price if authentic. Buyer buyer buyer. The price will be dictated by the market, to the right collector you might get a good price from them. Might be worth perusing some of the antique gun auction sites to see what kind of market there might be. That's where you might find some authenticating help too.

I thought this might be about fun guns at a garage sale.
A friend showed me his purchase at a garage sale in Illinois years ago. Seems a recent widow was selling her husbands collection of guns and equipment. A few weapons flew out the "door" before the cops arrived and shut it down. I no longer remember the "deal" he got.

I thought this might be about fun guns at a garage sale.
A friend showed me his purchase at a garage sale in Illinois years ago. Seems a recent widow was selling her husbands collection of guns and equipment. A few weapons flew out the "door" before the cops arrived and shut it down. I no longer remember the "deal" he got.
Cops showed up and shut it down ?

Oh yeah, Illinois.

Appreciate the information so far guys.

I’ll reach out to SA office and see what they say about them.

Other than GunBroker what’s a reputable antique auction site?

I die, I really don't care what they sell for. They want the money bad enough they will do what they need to do to get a decent price. If they don't care, hopefully the next owners will enjoy the hell out of a great deal.

Appreciate the information so far guys.

I’ll reach out to SA office and see what they say about them.

Other than GunBroker what’s a reputable antique auction site?
Are these just parts lists?
Any schematics/drawings, that would be where the money would be…as wall art. Parts list could only serve as framed poster wall hangings.
Don’t think much value unless the drawings signed off by someone of notoriety or the rarity of the item. Finding some one who has a M1919 could have interest, but could be tough. There’s some value but limited to WWII militaria collectors. Apparently the M1919 was quite prolific.
Better they go on to a collector than wind up as oil blotters.
I’d search specific militaria collectors forums and below article for resources.
Good luck.

Thank you Area52. I'll donate them if they have no monetary value. I'd like them to end up somewhere where they can be preserved if possible.

Thanks again for the info.

Back