testtest

Iowa signs bill into law

Kind of surprising. Iowa is ( or was) one of the states I avoid due to their gun laws. Nice to see them setting things right.

Very good news for many people, thanks for posting Obsrver.

In reading the article among many others recently, just had a thought. Not sure if it's a good one or not? But, one thing crossed my mind that may solve some issues w/o possibly causing another one is maybe to put something like "FI" for "Firearms Ineligible" on state issued drivers licenses or other state issued ID's? Could solve many problems and wasted time before making another issue by allowing others like LGS to see at a glance not to even run background check just by looking at an ID? As far as why and privacy concerns? They are important . Many people would be aware of denial w/o stating why someone's denied firearms? The "FI" indicator doesn't state why, it just says don't.

.... And, before some of you'all start "FI" doesn't mean something like "FBI" meaning Female Body Inspector either! But, on other hand it may mean F***ing Idiot on my part? :)

Yah, know it may or may not be a good thing or not depending how much it get's or got twisted around, but for some people it may be a better answer than another question? Most anyone reading comments here pretty much know how I feel about firearms, firearms rights and 2nd Amendment rights by now? What do you'all think about the idea? Improvements? Pro's / cons? Toss out? Flush? Whatevers?

Very good news for many people, thanks for posting Obsrver.

In reading the article among many others recently, just had a thought. Not sure if it's a good one or not? But, one thing crossed my mind that may solve some issues w/o possibly causing another one is maybe to put something like "FI" for "Firearms Ineligible" on state issued drivers licenses or other state issued ID's? Could solve many problems and wasted time before making another issue by allowing others like LGS to see at a glance not to even run background check just by looking at an ID? As far as why and privacy concerns? They are important . Many people would be aware of denial w/o stating why someone's denied firearms? The "FI" indicator doesn't state why, it just says don't.

.... And, before some of you'all start "FI" doesn't mean something like "FBI" meaning Female Body Inspector either! But, on other hand it may mean F***ing Idiot on my part? :)

Yah, know it may or may not be a good thing or not depending how much it get's or got twisted around, but for some people it may be a better answer than another question? Most anyone reading comments here pretty much know how I feel about firearms, firearms rights and 2nd Amendment rights by now? What do you'all think about the idea? Improvements? Pro's / cons? Toss out? Flush? Whatevers?
Interesting idea Bob... and I sorta think I’ve seen it before, along with putting CCW or whatever on a driver’s license.
I’ve got reservations, such as the ability of N. Carolina DMV being able to handle anything beyond issuing DLs - face it, that alone seems to strain their capacity !!
With motor voter, organ donor, DNR (maybe?), that ol’ DL is becoming like our so called smart phones - which ain’t a phone anymore, it’s a ‘device’ that just happens to have a phone built it. I use mine for banking, email, inspection pics at work etc etc. the phone is less than 10% of it’s use. But I digress...

I can’t imagine the tangle it would be with DMV here if any sort of mistake were made and I was trying to get FI removed. And there’s the lag time between a first time mental health adjudication and DMV getting the word.

I dunno. How all that stuff works is a mystery to me but I agree in principle that giving the ineligible a very minor ‘scarlet letter’ is preferable to law abiding citizens having to ‘prove their innocence’ - if that’s what you were angling towards...

Interesting idea Bob... and I sorta think I’ve seen it before, along with putting CCW or whatever on a driver’s license.
I’ve got reservations, such as the ability of N. Carolina DMV being able to handle anything beyond issuing DLs - face it, that alone seems to strain their capacity !!
With motor voter, organ donor, DNR (maybe?), that ol’ DL is becoming like our so called smart phones - which ain’t a phone anymore, it’s a ‘device’ that just happens to have a phone built it. I use mine for banking, email, inspection pics at work etc etc. the phone is less than 10% of it’s use. But I digress...

I can’t imagine the tangle it would be with DMV here if any sort of mistake were made and I was trying to get FI removed. And there’s the lag time between a first time mental health adjudication and DMV getting the word.

I dunno. How all that stuff works is a mystery to me but I agree in principle that giving the ineligible a very minor ‘scarlet letter’ is preferable to law abiding citizens having to ‘prove their innocence’ - if that’s what you were angling towards...

Thank s for your thoughts and words TidalWave,

Yah, simple solutions seem to go way over overhead at the local DMV's or Secretary of States offices sometimes?

Heck, they don't seem to get simple address's correct sometimes? Had me living across town at an address had never lived at once. Similar sounding address, but still wrong. Noticed a week afterwards when needing supposed legal address for something else. Plus, they don't seem to fail selling peoples personal info. They may deny it, but was proven they have many times in the past.

Another problem is they seem to love collecting, raking in and spending other peoples funds on duplicates of whatever and don't or aren't allowed to budget funds while preaching to tax payers to conserve theirs. Guess we're all just thoughtless spending machines?

Note: CC License's in some states are almost identical to a DL using same photo for both.

Partially why thought of and suggested idea was to simplify, consolidate info to hopefully simplify ordeal and cut costs for everyone. Tax payer money is still tax payer money whether used by self or by government. I tend to be fairly frugal while gov. usually doesn't appear to be?

Other thoughts were an ID shouldn't even really be needed at all all for firearms when our rights are basically and fundamentally guaranteed by Our 2nd Amendment. The rights are a given, should be to / for all USA citizens and should be a well known fact w/o any encumberances or infringements. No firearm ID should even be needed or issued in the 1st place. Apparently not everyone feels same way about same stated freedoms. The FI endorsement idea was possibly to pacify some of the people who don't seem to feel or comprehend the very same important written words. Go figure?

Back