testtest

Is 300 Blackout ammo hard to find? other drawbacks?

I'm looking at a 300 blackout PDW... (Hey was going to get the Springfield Saint PDW but I just learned it was discontinued, not even a year old?) Anyway... I want a PDW but can't find a good one in 5.56... and don't know crap about the 300 Blackout. Hard to find ammo for? a friend said... any other drawbacks? Thx in advance.

I'm looking at a 300 blackout PDW... (Hey was going to get the Springfield Saint PDW but I just learned it was discontinued, not even a year old?) Anyway... I want a PDW but can't find a good one in 5.56... and don't know crap about the 300 Blackout. Hard to find ammo for? a friend said... any other drawbacks? Thx in advance.
.300blk ammo isn't quite as popular as 5.56 ammo so it tends to be a little more scarce but not impossible to find. I see supersonic .300blk all the time available at local stores and online. The only .300blk that I haven't seen much of since Covid is the heavier grain subsonic ammo as that's been pretty much sold out everywhere. Subsonic .300blk ammo doesn't function well in unsuppressed firearms so if your not suppressing It wouldn't worry.

You could always swap out the barrel to 5.56 at a later date if you wanted to change calibers and retain every other component of the firearm.

Last edited:
Load your own- learn fast!
That's the most cost effective way by far for subsonic .300blk. you can pick up some 220gr Berry's bullets from Midway USA and a pound or 2 of Hodgdon Lil'Gun for a reasonable price and get yourself some recycled brass and your all set.

I purchased a Ruger Mini-14 in .300 BLK a few years back to use as a hog gun. I've always meant to suppress it, but just haven't gotten around to it. I like the cartridge, and it does perform well in pistol-length barrels. That being said, 5.56 is significantly cheaper and is certainly effective for self-defense purposes. .300 BLK is fun, and it is excellent for use with a suppressor. .300 BLK ammo is also more difficult to find on shelves in my area. I like the Blackout round, but there's a reason that PDW's chambered in 5.56 and PCC's in 9mm are more common.

Academy near me has had plenty of 300 blackout for the first time since the pandemic, not as plentiful as 556 but on the shelf. I didn't look at prices as I don't own a 300 blackout weapon.

Back