testtest

Judge: Air Force at fault in 2017 Texas church attack

TacticalPirate

Master Class
So turns out the greatest hindrance to reliable government background checks is government but if we just have more government than the government swears that will be the solution...

….all kinds of issues here…
You can start with the possibility that had the USAF submitted his info correctly, it might still not have prevented the act. “Names on lists” or in databases are just exactly that - nothing more.

“60% responsibility” - how was that determined? Maybe legit, but it sounds like a percent merely intended to be somewhere above 50.

Only positive was the citizens who grabbed their own firearms to try and stop him. Everything else is govt mishmash, with USAF left holding the bag. Yeah, they coulda/shoulda this & that, but Based on this (incomplete) article I don’t like where it’s going…

Wish someone like Ayoob would wejgh in on it….

As a former Air Force OSI special agent, I agree that failure to report the result of trial and conviction to the FBI was an abject failure by the Air Force on several levels. I understand how it happened-a lengthy appeals process, deployments, separation, and retirement of case agents and prosecutors, and a bureaucratic morass all contributed to the failure. The guy was in prison and out of mind by the time the appeals ran out.

But there is NO excuse for the omission, and some Air Force careers ended as a result. That guy should NEVER have been able to LEGALLY buy or possess a firearm or ammunition. With that said, as committed to mass murder as he was, I have to believe he would have found an illicit way to get the gun and ammo.

The shooter was responsible for his own actions and trying to blame the Air Force for the killings is a far stretch. I have studied many mass shootings for an active shooter response training program, and these guys consistently are driven by unseen demons.

The neighbor to the church who engaged him with his rifle is a true hero in my book, I think he saved many lives that day.

As a former Air Force OSI special agent, I agree that failure to report the result of trial and conviction to the FBI was an abject failure by the Air Force on several levels. I understand how it happened-a lengthy appeals process, deployments, separation, and retirement of case agents and prosecutors, and a bureaucratic morass all contributed to the failure. The guy was in prison and out of mind by the time the appeals ran out.

But there is NO excuse for the omission, and some Air Force careers ended as a result. That guy should NEVER have been able to LEGALLY buy or possess a firearm or ammunition. With that said, as committed to mass murder as he was, I have to believe he would have found an illicit way to get the gun and ammo.

The shooter was responsible for his own actions and trying to blame the Air Force for the killings is a far stretch. I have studied many mass shootings for an active shooter response training program, and these guys consistently are driven by unseen demons.

The neighbor to the church who engaged him with his rifle is a true hero in my book, I think he saved many lives that day.
I agree completely. The Texas SC was correct in dismissing the victim's families' lawsuits against Academy Sports. but this federal judge assigning blame, and assigning a specific percentage of blame, is also ridiculous. The problem is there is no federal law protecting the government from lawsuits based on the criminal actions of a third party.

☝️☝️☝️☝️ Exactly

Back