testtest

Judge Amy Coney Barrett Sticks to her Guns in Confirmation Hearing

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Good read on Judge Amy Barrett sticking to her guns in confirmation hearing

She's possibly good on 2A (Though I really don't want felons owning or possessing guns. How is that debatable?) but scary as hell on a lot of other issues, such as her apparent hostility to Miranda. Miranda protects your 5th and 6th Amendment rights. I wish they could have found someone better than her.

She's possibly good on 2A (Though I really don't want felons owning or possessing guns. How is that debatable?) but scary as hell on a lot of other issues, such as her apparent hostility to Miranda. Miranda protects your 5th and 6th Amendment rights. I wish they could have found someone better than her.

Well Benstt, what you want has nothing to do with the constitution. Which is what a SC justice is ethically bound to uphold. Do you support felons having the right to vote? I suspect you do. Unless you can show me in the BOR where the 2nd amendment differs from other constitutional rights with regards to government infringement, your argument is based on emotions and is not relevant. In fact the 2A is really specific with regards to government infringement. And any question of Madison and the other framers intentions with regards to the 2A and the language of the 2A is pretty plain if you look at the 3 versions of the amendment that preceded the final draft.

Little tip. Felons already have guns and always will have guns. And why should people who paid their debt to society be barred the right of self defense? I'm sure you very much favor federal programs which incentivize the hiring of felons. I would guess you believe incarcerated felons should have the right to vote. At the very least you certainly believe they should be able to get their voting rights back at some point. Why shouldn't they get all their rights back?

I also believe ACB's focus is on NONVIOLENT felons...such as the black grandmother our President pardoned earlier this year, who had been given life in prison (as a felon) for a drug charge.

It's my understanding,and it had been stated by her numerous times throughout her confirmation hearing, that her job as a justice is to interpret the law as written without bias or based on policy.
The dems have been saying that because shes a conservative appointee she will vote a certain way. As if they can tell the future.
I disagree.
They are so sure of this, they intend to pack the court with liberal justices who WILL vote for there political agendas. Why else would they want to do this?
I think she is a fine choice as a replacement for Ruth B Ginsberg. Who I'm sure had her own thoughts and views on the issues but put them aside to come to a ruling.

Back