testtest

Judges Amy Coney Barrett Scares Gun Control Advocates for the Right Reasons

Of course this is going on while Pelosi is calling for a commission to investigate using 25A to again remove Trump because he got Covid-19. This of course is beside doing her job to secure a new Cares Act to help Americans due to the pandemic. Her priorities are F$$$$$ up.

I don't think she believes she can remove Trump.

I think she's laying the groundwork for removing Senile Uncle Joe, about a month after inauguration, so Harris can take over.
So, if I'm sorting this out correctly, when (you know darned well that's the plan) they boot Joe to the curb, that will move harris up, and harris' vp spot will be filled by the next person in the line of succession, which is pelosi. Right?

Speaker of the House is NOT the next in line.

There IS no "next in line" -

But it's not true that the speaker of the House — or any other predetermined individual — automatically becomes vice president. Upon becoming president, the former vice president would choose another individual to become his or her vice president.
"Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress," Section 2 of the (25th) amendment explains.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/new...=taboola&utm_medium=exchange&utm_content=news
https://www.usatoday.com/videos/new...=taboola&utm_medium=exchange&utm_content=news

The State of COMMIEfornia has a series of court actions in the 9th circuit Ann being appointed the SCOTUS would be a Trump Card for the 2A.

Actually there is.
the line of Succession is as follows.
B4C244FE-333B-4F9B-BCC8-54BEDFAAABBC.jpeg

They(Senate)should just vote to confirm and forget about the theatrics about to happen from those on the left of the aisle.
Oh God no. There should always be hearings to make sure the person nominated is actually qualified and not a crazy person. The Court is a seriously important part of our country and we need to make sure that one of the nine people with lifetime appointments are fit to be on the Court. We cannot ever have a single-issue nominee to the Supreme Court. They need to be the rational people, the adults in the room who make sure the law is properly stated. The best we could possibly do is nine truly impartial jurists who don't have political leanings or endorsements. As soon as I hear "the Federalist Society likes them" or "The Heritage Foundation backs them" I get frightened. We need an independant judiciary. Politicizing the courts and blocking judicial nominations is one of the very worst things Mitch McConnell has done to this country.

Of course this is going on while Pelosi is calling for a commission to investigate using 25A to again remove Trump because he got Covid-19. This of course is beside doing her job to secure a new Cares Act to help Americans due to the pandemic. Her priorities are F$$$$$ up.
Remember, the House has passed hundreds of bills since 2018. McConnell won't let them on the floor of the Senate for consideration or a vote. Blame him if you have a complaint about legislation not being passed. Total dereliction of duty.

Last edited:

Correct Peglegjoe, as was demonstrated with Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.

"When President Richard Nixon’s vice president, Spiro Agnew, resigned in 1973, Nixon nominated House Minority Leader Gerald Ford to become vice president.

And when Nixon resigned the following year, Ford became president and nominated Nelson Rockefeller, the former governor of New York, to become vice president."

Correct Peglegjoe, as was demonstrated with Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.

"When President Richard Nixon’s vice president, Spiro Agnew, resigned in 1973, Nixon nominated House Minority Leader Gerald Ford to become vice president.

And when Nixon resigned the following year, Ford became president and nominated Nelson Rockefeller, the former governor of New York, to become vice president."

I think that's two different issues. The speaker of the House is next in line if both the president and the vice president are out of commission together. It's a different story if the vice president becomes president. You are correct that the Speaker of the House does not automatically become the vice president if only the president is out of commission.

I think that's two different issues. The speaker of the House is next in line if both the president and the vice president are out of commission together. It's a different story if the vice president becomes president. You are correct that the Speaker of the House does not automatically become the vice president if only the president is out of commission.
The line of succession as I posted only covers the presidential seat. All others need to be nominated and confirmed.

Was replying to original post by ScottJ, whom Peglegjoe referenced and correctly stated that the House Speaker would not automatically move into VP position if J. Biden was removed from the Presidency for some reason. It would be up to K. Harris to nominate someone for the VP position (which I suppose could be the Speaker), and cited the Nixon & Ford examples as such.

Back