testtest

Knuckle Dusters (aka Brass Knuckles) – Punch Harder, A Brief History

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
While not legal everywhere (see below) they are designed so that the user’s punch has a more concentrated force with a smaller and harder contact point.

Brass Knuckle/Knuckle Dusters

1609275629482.png

Brass Knuckles Legality by State 2020

Climbing carabiners make impromptu knuckles, if legality of the real thing is an issue.

Sourcea for the real thing. The real thing The Real Thing 2

1609276637524.png

Last edited:
Penny rolls work fantastically.
I learned that one from my grandfather. Former Army/CIA/cop. he liked the roll of quarters. I don't know if he ever used one but he was a serious guy. He had a few stories about catching kids breaking into cars and taking them to the lumber yard for a few minutes in lieu if jail. It wouldn't have surprised me if he used the quarters a couple times.

Here in Illinois brass knuckles are illegal but we did get a switchblade law passed a couple years ago. Only thing is , we didn't get preemption so you have to be careful and research the laws for traveling through the state.
All bladed weapons are legal here in NH including switchblades and stilettos but for some reason brass knuckles and slingshots are a misdemeanor crime here...😳

I can legally strap a pistol on my kids side and be well within the law but paperweights are illegal...🤣

All bladed weapons are legal here in NH including switchblades and stilettos but for some reason brass knuckles and slingshots are a misdemeanor crime here...😳

I can legally strap a pistol on my kids side and be well within the law but paperweights are illegal...🤣

Switchblades and autos have been legal here for a decade or so. As far as I know brass knuckles, Scythes, nunchucks, machetes, swords, throwing stars and slingshots have always been legal here.

Switchblades and autos have been legal here for a decade or so. As far as I know brass knuckles, Scythes, nunchucks, machetes, swords, throwing stars and slingshots have always been legal here.
I'm just going to cast my own knuckles. I can't buy them in MN. They'll stay at home unless a need arises, in which case I won't be there when the cops get there. It'd be a rare and serious occasion during which I'd use them, of course.

All the above are legal here also besides the knuckles and sling shot which is strange because even Walmart in my area sells wrist rockets and brass knuckles can be found at any army navy store in the area.

For the record, striking a hard surface ( such as a jawbone or skull) with a pair of brass knuckles is less than pleasant feeling on your hands. Particularly the outside of your fingers. No such problems with a penny/nickel/quarter roll. Or so I’ve heard.

For the record, striking a hard surface ( such as a jawbone or skull) with a pair of brass knuckles is less than pleasant feeling on your hands. Particularly the outside of your fingers. No such problems with a penny/nickel/quarter roll. Or so I’ve heard.

I've heard 😇 that most people who have little experience in using brass knuckles don't know how to properly "wear" or use them correctly, can easily break their own hands. I've also heard that, when used correctly, it is amazingly simple to break a jaw. I've also heard that most first time users do serious damage to their own hands, sometimes when striking soft tissue unless they have had some hands on training from someone with experience.

It is worth noting that brass knuckles do come in different sizes and that does make a difference.

I've heard 😇 that most people who have little experience in using brass knuckles don't know how to properly "wear" or use them correctly, can easily break their own hands. I've also heard that, when used correctly, it is amazingly simple to break a jaw. I've also heard that most first time users do serious damage to their own hands, sometimes when striking soft tissue unless they have had some hands on training from someone with experience.

It is worth noting that brass knuckles do come in different sizes and that does make a difference.

Definitely not a one size fits all scenario. Even barehanded it isn't all that difficult to break a jaw.

Back