testtest

Lee Loader Reloading Kits are Perfect for Beginners and Survival Kits

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
I picked up several of these over the years to cover my fav pistol, rifle & shotgun "privative" reloading needs in case of SHTF.

Some calibers have been discontinued.

1703643388007.png

The old man has a single stage reloader in the basement and has historically loaded all my .357 and .44 mag. Unfortunately he’s in full on dementia and I don’t have a clue how to use any of it.

I do have a pair of MEC jr. Shotgun loaders though.

The Lee Load-All shotgun press is also about as basic as it gets. I've never used one, but others swear by them even for loading black powder. I could see loading a few rifle rounds by hand if that is all you would shoot in the year, but with any kind of volume, forget it. Most people could afford a cheap single stage or used press. If you're truly a pauper, maybe a shooting buddy would let you use their machine with your components.

The old man has a single stage reloader in the basement and has historically loaded all my .357 and .44 mag. Unfortunately he’s in full on dementia and I don’t have a clue how to use any of it.

I do have a pair of MEC jr. Shotgun loaders though.
Pretty easy to use.

I have a certain sub-set of these for my survival kit.

The shotgun ones are hard to find.

I used to load .222 and .220 Swift with the hand loader. Used a high quality scale and measured each charge down to .01/grain, and matched bullet weight per batch down to .1 grain. Made some darn good loads and dusted a bunch of pasture poodles with them. Slow, but I was working fire department at the time so my downtime in the station was put to good use👍

My first ever loading experience came with a Lee hand loader such as shown. I loaded rounds for my hunting rifle, a few practice rounds, then some for my dad, and never had an issue. Loaded many of those hunting rounds at the table in our hunting camp cook shack at night while the gang was sitting around lying to each other.

Then in the 80's and 90's when the wife and I were shooting a whole lot of silhouette comps around the SE, I typically loaded all my comp rounds with a Lee hand loader. Depending on caliber they only work a small portion of the brass ... on bottle neck cases only the neck is worked so the case fits your chamber perfectly. However, they often will not load into another gun's chamber, especially auto loaders.

I still have one old hand loader I bought originally in early 1970, probably '71-'72. Haven't used it in many years now but wouldn't part with it for anything. And I couldn't agree more with the OP that these little tools are great for any SHTF situations. jj

Back