testtest

Lever guns and Revolvers: A Story

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Leverguns and Revolvers go together like bread and butter, chocolate and peanuts, blonds and lipstick, Starsky and Hutch, Lone Ranger and Tonto. Many of you have a revolver story...

1713924203799.png

In 1979 Ruger introduced the Redhawk in a 6.5 inch barrel. A few years later they introduced a 5.5 inch variant and I ordered the first one I was able to get.

After using it for several years I decided That a 4.5 inch barrel would improve the balance. So I took it to my friend Larry Kelly at MagnaPort and let him cut down the barrel and make any improvements he thought good. It ended up with bobbed barrel, action job, numbered chambers, recut forcing cone, inverted muzzle crown and polished highlights, porting and CMore sights. I think that was it, hard to remember. And, I was right 4 5 was perfect, better than both the 5 5 and 4 inch variations.

The finishing touch were ivory stocks and that revolver rode my hip and chest holster as my centerfire hunting option for close to 40 years I guess, I cannot guess how many game animals it took When my shooting partner/dr told me I had arthritis in my thumbs and I should stop shooting the heavy magnums I finally sold to my dealer who had been trying to get me to sell. That was hard and I still miss it.

Redhawk (1).jpg

Last edited:
while i have some paired, a revolver isn't paired with a lever. 44mag de w/r92 in 44mag, multiple 9's w/ kv, multiple 45's w/ kv, multiple 10's w/2 carbines, 5.7's w/ 3 carbines

Back