testtest

Life really does flash before eyes on dying?

After sitting with my dad and watching him die I have had more thoughts and questions about it all. Seeing him wave at someone, say the name Don, my best friend who was like a son to him that died 5 years prior. Then watching him lean up, shake someone's hand and lay down and pass. Left me wondering, what did he see, why did he see it, was it a dream or is there really more than we know for sure.

Then when I heard my name called while my wife and sister dressed him and no one living called it, and my nephew heard it also, that really got me wondering. I have seen death before, but this was something I never experienced. My wife who has seen more people die than anyone I know in her 30 years as a geriatrics nurse, and a religious woman said this is quite common, someone greats you when you pass.

Not in any hurry to find out either, but I definitely have musings on it the past year.

Last edited:
I cannot believe science could know this!
Way I read it, if this is true, and in time is verifiable, the brain of the dying person in the final moments accessed the brain center which controls memories and accessing memories. Which could mean that indeed they were reliving at least certain memories.

Again if true, we know everything on the net is true right? If true I find it rather interesting.

Humans are generally afraid of death. As it approaches I have no doubt, if time permits, some of them 'see' long dead relatives and friends. It's just natural. My grandpa used to talk to his old friends long before he actually died. I remember an obscure country music song that mentioned 'grandpa in his rockin chair mumblin' about haints.'
We are complex beings with a spiritual side that is mostly ignored by science.
God may want to comfort some old souls on their last day.
If you get run down by a dump truck you may not have time to watch the show.

Humans are generally afraid of death. As it approaches I have no doubt, if time permits, some of them 'see' long dead relatives and friends. It's just natural. My grandpa used to talk to his old friends long before he actually died. I remember an obscure country music song that mentioned 'grandpa in his rockin chair mumblin' about haints.'
We are complex beings with a spiritual side that is mostly ignored by science.
God may want to comfort some old souls on their last day.
If you get run down by a dump truck you may not have time to watch the show.
I think humans aren't afraid of death as much as they are afraid of what comes after. More specifically they are afraid of being alone. Without any of their loved ones.

I'm in no hurry to verify that. Valhalla can wait. I try not to think about dying too much.
Like yourself, I'm in no hurry to reach the other side. Unfortunately in my 67yrs of life, I will say death and it's toll on the living has taken up significant time searching death and it's timing.
If one spends any time reading obituaries I have come to realize the vast amounts of people pass on a meaning full day of their life. That day for many is not only the day of birth, but of death.
As for out of body experience?????? it happens more often than one would think.

I think it is not so much a of the fear of the unknown , but not wanting to let go of life, life experiences and loved ones. I remember going out on my first hunting trip. I had descented and went to my spot in the middle of the woods before dawn. Sitting in the quiet, listening to the sounds of nature, watching for the buck and watching the sun come up. Never have felt that at peace before or since. My wife and I had gone to Helen Georgia last year for our anniversary. We went to one of the waterfalls there. It was quite a hike getting to it, but it was worth it. These are things that are tangible, that we can experience, touch, smell, taste, see. These are things that we cherish. We don't know what lies beyond, other than what we think, what we are told through religion, spirituality. I would miss all of this, as well as my friends and loved ones. God has created a beautiful planet for us, according to my beliefs. I know that, according to scripture, heaven is peace, tranquility, no fear, no pain, no sorrow. But it is beyond my meager comprehension. We, as humans and mortals, know the here and now. We know what we can see, touch, taste, smell, hear and we are comforted by that "normalcy". It is not so much the fear of the unknown, but the fear of giving up the known. At least, this is my humble opinion.

If there is a funny side to this discussion I listen to a few comedians on long drives and there is one,
“can’t remember who” that has a skit on death and dying and says he knows when he is going to die because his birth certificate has an expiration date.

Having has a stroke in the basal ganglia area of the brain it is 100% possible to completely relive your past experiences. Especially those you have consciously buried and forgotten about for decades. Essentially, everything that makes you, you, comes together there from motor function to your personality. Especially when the brain becomes damaged, it tries to find a way to keep ticking, reroutes itself. Those memories are locked away in there like 4D motion pictures. Feel, smell, taste and see everything like it’s happening all over again.

Back