testtest

looking for information on.... XDS MOD 2 45. I am a little concerned

45 Guy

Alpha
I was given a XDS MOD 2 in 45 for Christmas. I love this small gun. But i have never owned a polymer gun before. All of my handguns are full size all steel hand guns. So I am use to being pretty rough on them with no worries. I took my XDS MOD 2 to the range and it was great. After the range I took it apart and cleaned it . When i was doing my function test on my XDS MOD 2 i check the back strap safety by pilling down on the trigger pretty hard a couple of times for about 15 to 20seconds (with out depressing the back strap ) and as expected and normal the trigger did not move past the breaking/firing point . But after i did that i wonder could i have bent something or weaken something by pulling on the trigger that hard to check the safety
So my question is can you do thing like this on this pistole with no worries ? How tough are they really ?

There pretty resilent pistols, but to test the grip safety you don’t need to press the trigger hard, also FYI don’t use any type of gunscrubber or brake cleaner on any polymer frame, it will damage the frame.
Thank you for the info on the cleaners. I been using Wilson Combat cleaners on it but that is mostly on the metal parts. I just wipe the frame down with a cloth . What do you use to clean your polymer guns ?

Thank you for the info on the cleaners. I been using Wilson Combat cleaners on it but that is mostly on the metal parts. I just wipe the frame down with a cloth . What do you use to clean your polymer guns ?
Micro fiber cloth. I don’t worry about getting a couple drops of gun oil or CLP on the frame. It obviously doesn’t hurt it. I don’t use brake cleaner or gun scrubber on anything so no worries there. If you get mud or dirt on the frame a damp paper towel will clean it.

I use Lucas Oil Extreme Duty CLP to clean my pistols and to lube I use Lucas Oil Extreme Duty Gun Oil. Lucas Oil products are polymer safe, so no worries there.

I've been using plain ol' Hoppe's on my XD-s for years with no issues. As noted above, I don't chemical-soak the plastic - just wipe it down. The oils and cleaners go on the metal parts, because that's where the dirt and grit from firing ends up anyway.

As for your grip safety question, I believe (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) it attaches to a striker-pin-block, which would be metal anyway. Simply a button, that moves a lever out of the way, and allows the striker to fire. Unless you have Hercules' grip and were squeezing tight enough for veins to pop on your forehead...you should be just fine. It can handle explosions from rounds going off and slides slamming back and forth...I'm sure it'll be fine after a few trigger squeezes!

I've been using plain ol' Hoppe's on my XD-s for years with no issues. As noted above, I don't chemical-soak the plastic - just wipe it down. The oils and cleaners go on the metal parts, because that's where the dirt and grit from firing ends up anyway.

As for your grip safety question, I believe (someo ne will correct me if I'm wrong) it attaches to a striker-pin-block, which would be metal anyway. Simply a button, that moves a lever out of the way, and allows the striker to fire. Unless you have Hercules' grip and were squeezing tight enough for veins to pop on your forehead...you should be just fine. It can handle explosions from rounds going off and slides slamming back and forth...I'm sure it'll be fine after a few trigger squeezes!
Thank you for the input, I never chemical-soak either.

Back