testtest

M&P5.7

Why did they build this? Don't they look at ammo prices. Another gun that will go away soon. I had a Ruger 57 and it was great but at $59 for a box of 50 it was too expensive to keep running. This is not a round that can be reloaded efficiently as I have been told.

I have a Ruger 5.7. fun little round to shoot but the killer is the price of ammo for it. makes it a very occasional shooter. You're going to spend close to 100 bucks shooting two boxes of the cheap federal ammo.
That Ruger 5.7 is a nice firearm. I have come close to pulling the trigger and buying one...:)
Many years ago a friend let me shoot his FN 5.7 pistol and it was fun.

Wishful thinking. The more manufacturers get in the 5.7 business ammo will follow.
All of them already met in back room to resolve $$
JMO

So knowing nothing about the 5.7 and not wanting to add another caliber to my stable anyway however how does the 5.7 compare in size to the rounds discussed daily on the forum.

.22 9mm 40S&W 45ACP 10mm

?

Interesting offering from S&W. I won’t be surprised if we see a PCC cone out from Smith chambered in 5.7 soon.
Still too costly to feed.

There is a cool factor for some people with the 5.7. However, I would choose the 9mm over the 5.7mm any day of the week. Ballistically, the 9mm out performs the 5.7. Here is a link that has some concrete test results. And a good aread as well.

https://www.ammoman.com/blog/testing-5-7-vs-9mm/

Back