testtest

M1A Tanker AMMO Preference

FBHO

Alpha
I recently purchased the SA M1A Tanker. It is a little confusing trying to determine which is the best caliber ammo to use with this rifle. The owner's manual states .308 WIN (7.62x51mm NATO), which leads one to believe that both are compatible. I cannot find the ammo type stamped on the barrel anywhere. However, when I conduct research on these two types of ammo, the .308 WIN has more PSI pressure. I calculate somewhere between 2,000 to 4,000 psi. I would appreciate some input as to which ammo would be better to use in this rifle. Much appreciated.

I recently purchased the SA M1A Tanker. It is a little confusing trying to determine which is the best caliber ammo to use with this rifle. The owner's manual states .308 WIN (7.62x51mm NATO), which leads one to believe that both are compatible. I cannot find the ammo type stamped on the barrel anywhere. However, when I conduct research on these two types of ammo, the .308 WIN has more PSI pressure. I calculate somewhere between 2,000 to 4,000 psi. I would appreciate some input as to which ammo would be better to use in this rifle. Much appreciated.
Unlike the difference between 223rem and 556nato where as 556 has more rated pressure the 762nato has less than 308win. Like Hans stated find out which ammo (mfgr, bullet and grain) it likes?

Back