testtest

Mac OS Monterey

I'm on an iMac 27" (2017) with Monterey, and have not run into this issue. But then again, I never ever turn my computer off, just have the screen turn off. It's more stress on a computer to be powered off and on, than to just leave it on and have it go into sleep mode.

My MacBook Pro (2014) got left behind with Monterey unfortunately. Then again, my late 2017 Dell XPS desktop can't run Windows 11, so its not just Mac's that get left behind on OS upgrades...
Yes, that's the cute little marketing deal I've run into, with all systems go and the machine running fine, you are still left behind with things that no longer work without upgrading and the not so old computer must be retired for a new one cuz it does not function or accept the newer versions. Built in design to assure future sales.

So you didn’t do the universal turn it on and off and see if it fixes it first?

Heloooo….McFly…..

Glad you figured it out.
Mac's run permissions when you boot them. It should be the first thing you do anytime there's an issue.

We have 7 or 8 Apple machines, not counting phones. I still have a 2007 iMac that can only run as high as Leopard. Still works perfectly. My current machine is a 2015 MBA running Catalina. I also have a 2011 MBP. Wife has several. iMacs and MBs. And she doesn't know it but she is getting a brand new iMac for Christmas. Every single one of them runs fine.

Take a Windows laptop built in 2015 and what's it doing right now, barring being rebuilt a couple times ?

Mac's run permissions when you boot them. It should be the first thing you do anytime there's an issue.

We have 7 or 8 Apple machines, not counting phones. I still have a 2007 iMac that can only run as high as Leopard. Still works perfectly. My current machine is a 2015 MBA running Catalina. I also have a 2011 MBP. Wife has several. iMacs and MBs. And she doesn't know it but she is getting a brand new iMac for Christmas. Every single one of them runs fine.

Take a Windows laptop built in 2015 and what's it doing right now, barring being rebuilt a couple times ?
Agreed. The laptop I purchased in 2014 was a Dell, 2 years ago I backed it up onto two thumb drives and had it “reconditioned” by BestBuy. Basically the laptop was wiped clean and the OS was reinstalled and configured. I noticed two months ago it started again running painfully slow and was making some strange noises. I went out and bought an HP laptop with a solid state hard drive.
Would have liked to pick up a Mac but the cost is just to prohibitive right now.
My plan was to give my old Dell to a friend however while I was again backing it up the hard drive failed.
It is now a brick. I got about 95% of my files so I’m ok.

So you didn’t do the universal turn it on and off and see if it fixes it first?

Heloooo….McFly…..

Glad you figured it out.
No, not at first, I just restarted the pc and that worked till I saw about turning mouse off and back on, we had this pc for about a year, no issue until I installed Monterey. This is my first iMac, I always built my gaming pc’s and used windows, usually XP.

I’ve been working on Macs since day one and am fully aware of their peculiarities. I actually keep 3 magic mice in my drawer because they eventually have a nervous breakdown and need to go on vacation for awhile. I rotate them in and out, charge them up and clean them. If I have to use a PC it takes about 30 seconds before I’m dropping F-bombs on it!

2544346A-FA86-42C6-A2CF-46B58496A4CA.jpeg

@Annihilator Get this mouse it should fix your problem. It doesn’t click it clucks.

Well it’s been almost a month and the issue I was having is gone, evidently the last update they released fixed the issue, wakes up from sleep and when I turn on on, mouse works like it should.

Back