testtest

Magazine Issue with Ronin 9mm 4.25”

Theman

Alpha
Hello all. I love my Springfield Ronin so much I decided to pick one up in 9mm, 4.25”. Beautiful firearm. However, I have an issue and hoping someone may have some insight.

It came with one 9-round magazine, with a base. I have one other 9mm (a Kimber), and have a bunch of magazines for it - mostly Chip McCormick flush-fitting 9 rounds. None of the Chips will seat. They simply won’t snap into place. Doesn’t matter if empty or loaded. The stock flush mag from the Kimber fits perfectly.

I took the Ronin apart and oiled and gave it some love. Problem still exists.

I have been in the 1911 world for approximately one year, so please go easy on me. I can strip and clean, but I am no armorer.

Any insight? Anyone encounter a similar issue?

I reached out to Springfield a few days ago but no response yet. I don’t mind buying more magazines, but I want to get ones that will work.

Thanks all!

Hello all. I love my Springfield Ronin so much I decided to pick one up in 9mm, 4.25”. Beautiful firearm. However, I have an issue and hoping someone may have some insight.

It came with one 9-round magazine, with a base. I have one other 9mm (a Kimber), and have a bunch of magazines for it - mostly Chip McCormick flush-fitting 9 rounds. None of the Chips will seat. They simply won’t snap into place. Doesn’t matter if empty or loaded. The stock flush mag from the Kimber fits perfectly.

I took the Ronin apart and oiled and gave it some love. Problem still exists.

I have been in the 1911 world for approximately one year, so please go easy on me. I can strip and clean, but I am no armorer.

Any insight? Anyone encounter a similar issue?

I reached out to Springfield a few days ago but no response yet. I don’t mind buying more magazines, but I want to get ones that will work.

Thanks all!
Do they have a black base plate? If so this may be the issue

Did you email Springfield CS. You need to call them. They are notoriously bad at responding by email.

Since all the Chips don’t work, I would look at a Wilson Combat mag. I use these in my 9mm 1911s without problem.

In my 9mm Springfield RO Operator and my Kimber 9mm Duel Tone 1911, I use just the plain Kimber 9 round magazines in both guns, no issues, that’s why I use factory mags only, Wilson and McCormick are good magazines, but I am a firm believer in factory magazines, just me

I have a 1911 Ronin 9mm, and I bought extra mags from Springfield for it. Runs great with them. The only reason I bought Wilson Combat for my Kimber 1911 was I heard about a lot of issues with Kimber's mags, and I was chicken...lol. Never had a Kimber jam though. The only gun I have ever had jam up was my Max9. It was new though, and needed some love.

I have a 1911 Ronin 9mm, and I bought extra mags from Springfield for it. Runs great with them. The only reason I bought Wilson Combat for my Kimber 1911 was I heard about a lot of issues with Kimber's mags, and I was chicken...lol. Never had a Kimber jam though. The only gun I have ever had jam up was my Max9. It was new though, and needed some love.
When I can’t get Springfield mags, I buy Kimber, they are the same magazine just a different name plate, never had any issues with Kimber mags, made by same company

When I can’t get Springfield mags, I buy Kimber, they are the same magazine just a different name plate, never had any issues with Kimber mags, made by same company
I’m a bit of a nerd and I over research stuff sometimes. I can’t remember where I read that about Kimber. When we go up north we load just about everything we have and haven’t had issues with any of them. It’s just that now we have more Wilson Combat mags than Kimbers.

I’m a bit of a nerd and I over research stuff sometimes. I can’t remember where I read that about Kimber. When we go up north we load just about everything we have and haven’t had issues with any of them. It’s just that now we have more Wilson Combat mags than Kimbers.
Yea, I don’t pay any attention to online reviews and such, I go by my own experience with a product or a friend, half that stuff is just crap that you read, Joe Blow may not like Kimber mags cause there Kimber, I took my Colt stainless .45 mag and compared it to my Kimber TAC-Pro .45 mag, same stamping, and marks on both just one says Colt and the other says Kimber

Back