testtest

Mass shooting in Memphis 2-19-23

somorris

Professional
Founding Member
According to the news I read a few minutes ago, there was a “so called” mass shooting in Memphis early this morning. When I read the article, there were quotes and statistics from an anti-gun group. The actual shooting read to me like a bar fight gone wrong, not a “mass shooting.” These kind of questionable statistics (at least questionable to me) will be used to push Congress to “do something.” What a mess we are in folks!

If everything is labeled a "mass shooting" it serves the agenda. Just like if every gun that is black is called an "assault gun." I used to think it was just ignorant and irresponsible reporting, but it's not - they know exactly what they are doing.

Except it's not called a "mass shooting" it's just another normal day.
It was a Mostly Peaceful, mass shooting
1676823530444.gif

1676823547118.gif

A mass shooting happens every night in Chicago, Detroit and other big cities

au contraire, though it’s be well above the seasonal temperatures this weekend the tally so far is a 1 dead/8 wounded in Chicago (Friday 2pm - Sun 1am).
With temps expected to reach the 50°s today, there will be plenty of scores to settle in Sanctuary City, these stats are preliminary and historically likely to triple by dawns early light.

6B289690-51C7-4B88-9D4F-2AD6BA284281.jpeg

The Media is heavily influenced, perhaps even controlled by the anti-gun folks. Guns, no matter what the "flavor" are not the problem. We have one, possibly 2 generations that have never been taught the truth about guns. They have been brainwashed that guns are bad and kill people. Guns are a tool. A tool that can be used to do good and a tool that can be used to do bad. I can use a hammer to drive a nail to make something good or I can use it to bash someone's head in. The media and including social media are convincing people with massive dis-information that guns are the problem.

The news report from Memphis is just another example. Where I live in Mobile AL, they are shootings daily and was recently identified as one of the un-safest cities to live in. We have constitutional carry here in Alabama and already the anti-gun nuts are blaming that.

Two types of education are needed. First on guns and their use, and Secondly accurate and factual journalism. Report news and not promote an agenda.

The definition of the term mass shooting is so inconsistently used that is difficult to deternine how many actually occur. The FBI has not formally defined it for reporting purposes. One definition is a single event where 4 or more people are killed. Another is more loosely defined as an event where 4 or more are injured. Some choose to call it a mass shooting if there is more than one victim. Most of these events do not involve a crazed individual shooting up a school or nightclub with many casualties of helpless victims. Those are the ones that get major coverage. Many are rival gangbangers or domestic related but are not sensationalized. When you lump them all together it gives a false impression as to frequency, motivation, and prevention strategies.

The definition of the term mass shooting is so inconsistently used that is difficult to deternine how many actually occur. The FBI has not formally defined it for reporting purposes. One definition is a single event where 4 or more people are killed. Another is more loosely defined as an event where 4 or more are injured. Some choose to call it a mass shooting if there is more than one victim. Most of these events do not involve a crazed individual shooting up a school or nightclub with many casualties of helpless victims. Those are the ones that get major coverage. Many are rival gangbangers or domestic related but are not sensationalized. When you lump them all together it gives a false impression as to frequency, motivation, and prevention strategies.
They are not interested in prevention strategies. In fact, they want them to happen.

Hi,

I have a major metropolis not too far from me.

A recent weekend in Milwaukee:

They are setting new records:

It's getting to be the Wild West again. But I think the pro-2A folks are pushing back pretty hard for us to keep the right to defend ourselves. Get involved. Write/email your congress people and senators.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

We are reaping the benefits of the demise of the moral fiber that used to be a basis of the family, church, and even public schools. The golden rule, a basic concept in morality, is rare subject matter taught these days. Therefore we are at least two generations into young people who's primary focus is me, me, me.

Crime statistic has become a culture characteristic.
As I commented yesterday about Chicago free range, unabated crime has proven itself once and again, including a Mass Shooting which so far hasn’t been picked up in national MSM, to wit;

58B03793-5BBC-4EA3-AC75-FCF9DDD11CB0.jpeg

Crime statistic has become a culture characteristic.
As I commented yesterday about Chicago free range, unabated crime has proven itself once and again, including a Mass Shooting which so far hasn’t been picked up in national MSM, to wit;

View attachment 36868

downloadsw55.jpg

Back