testtest

Mec Gar vs Wilson Combat magazines

i have several MecGar and just as many Wilson Combat. and for my Glocks, i only buy Glock factory mags.

they work flawlessly.

i only stay away from Promag, only because i have read way too many horror stories.

i should point out, that my bro-in-law works for a company, Metal Form, and they make Wilson Combat magazines, and stamp the Wilson name brand on them. as well as they make magazines for other companies.

I also have "Advanced Tactical" mags, that are made for the Rock Island 1911's. in fact, when you go to the RIA website to order mags, you get redirected to Advanced Tactical.

very good magazines here as well.

i have several MecGar and just as many Wilson Combat. and for my Glocks, i only buy Glock factory mags.

they work flawlessly.

i only stay away from Promag, only because i have read way too many horror stories.

i should point out, that my bro-in-law works for a company, Metal Form, and they make Wilson Combat magazines, and stamp the Wilson name brand on them. as well as they make magazines for other companies.

I also have "Advanced Tactical" mags, that are made for the Rock Island 1911's. in fact, when you go to the RIA website to order mags, you get redirected to Advanced Tactical.

very good magazines here as well.
Promag has been really sucking!

I purchased a MecGar magazine for my AMT Hardballer a few years ago. Shortly after I was demonstrating a drill for a recruit class and the magazine litterly came apart as I reloaded. It went into the trash and have not purchased MecGar since. I have used both Chip McCormick and Wilson with no problems. Just my 2 cents. (n)

Last edited:
My Ronin came with a MecGar and I have not had any issues with it yet. I also own a few Wilson Combat 47's and ETM's and those also have not let me down. I can't imagine that MecGar makes a notoriously shitty magazine. Both work perfectly for me. Just my experience.

Back