testtest

Mil-Spec Mojo

While the SA pistol is named "Mil-Spec" in reality its a modified version of the original configuration.

SA used to make an "accurate" replica but that was a while ago, so the current pistol should be considered a "look-a-like".

There are a couple other companies that make accurate replicas of the original configuration for USGI sticklers.

The .45 ACP round is what really made this pistol famous.
And a proof of this is the fact that soo many pistols are chambered for it - even today!
The pistol itself is great - no doubt! - but the cartridge is super effective.
In fact, Walther produced a .45 ACP version of its P38 for submission in U.S. Navy tests in 1939 (in which the swabbies decided to stay with the 1911A1).
In Nam I saw, and held in my hands, a couple of 1911s, obviously dating from WW2, that were labeled “Remington Rand” and “Corona” - indicating the subcontracting of the 1911 as America tooled up for war in early 1942: the production capacity at the time insufficient to meet need.
My first .45 was a 1911A1 made by Colt - a simple not-fancy production gun.
It was super accurate out of the box, with none of the “accurizing” popular for them at the time (1960s).
The .45 ACP is still the round I trust the most for defensive use (and I have used .38/.357, 380, 9mm, .40, and .45). The terminal ballistic and threat stopping track record speaks for itself and is why I favor it.
All that said, my ‘go to’ .45 these days is H & K’s USP. Close enough to the 1911 for diehards and improved enough for those who don’t like the 1911.

The .45 ACP round is what really made this pistol famous.
And a proof of this is the fact that soo many pistols are chambered for it - even today!
The pistol itself is great - no doubt! - but the cartridge is super effective.
In fact, Walther produced a .45 ACP version of its P38 for submission in U.S. Navy tests in 1939 (in which the swabbies decided to stay with the 1911A1).
In Nam I saw, and held in my hands, a couple of 1911s, obviously dating from WW2, that were labeled “Remington Rand” and “Corona” - indicating the subcontracting of the 1911 as America tooled up for war in early 1942: the production capacity at the time insufficient to meet need.
My first .45 was a 1911A1 made by Colt - a simple not-fancy production gun.
It was super accurate out of the box, with none of the “accurizing” popular for them at the time (1960s).
The .45 ACP is still the round I trust the most for defensive use (and I have used .38/.357, 380, 9mm, .40, and .45). The terminal ballistic and threat stopping track record speaks for itself and is why I favor it.
All that said, my ‘go to’ .45 these days is H & K’s USP. Close enough to the 1911 for diehards and improved enough for those who don’t like the 1911.
My 1911 in Vietnam was made by Remington-Rand & I'm pretty sure the rest of my tank crew were also carrying Remington-Rand made 1911's.

Back