testtest

Mind set in a gun fight

I don't disagree with any of this.

I'm not sure if this exactly fits the article but the thing that surprised me the most when I started working as an armed guard is the number of people that I encountered on a nightly basis who didn't give a damn about my gun and the number of people I encountered on a nightly basis who began the interaction by daring me to shoot them.

I want to be clear that I only ever had to point my gun one person and to this day I don't even think he realized I was there.

But on all the gun forms I read when your gun came out the bad guy was supposed to poop his pants and run away screaming like a little girl.

You ain't the first person that's ever pointed a gun at them. This is not a novel experience for them. I said this before and I absolutely believe it's true the very first time you encounter a mugger that might not even be his first mugging of the night.

I've talked about the two guys and tried to rob me outside my house before. They knew I had a gun. Clearly, it tipped the balance because they didn't actually try to rob me but they weren't intimidated in the least. As I've said multiple times before, they turned around and walked away and when they got so far away the one guy turned around and said "F*** You" to me. Then he laughed at me and they walked away.

I don't disagree with any of this.

I'm not sure if this exactly fits the article but the thing that surprised me the most when I started working as an armed guard is the number of people that I encountered on a nightly basis who didn't give a damn about my gun and the number of people I encountered on a nightly basis who began the interaction by daring me to shoot them.

I want to be clear that I only ever had to point my gun one person and to this day I don't even think he realized I was there.

But on all the gun forms I read when your gun came out the bad guy was supposed to poop his pants and run away screaming like a little girl.

You ain't the first person that's ever pointed a gun at them. This is not a novel experience for them. I said this before and I absolutely believe it's true the very first time you encounter a mugger that might not even be his first mugging of the night.

I've talked about the two guys and tried to rob me outside my house before. They knew I had a gun. Clearly, it tipped the balance because they didn't actually try to rob me but they weren't intimidated in the least. As I've said multiple times before, they turned around and walked away and when they got so far away the one guy turned around and said "F*** You" to me. Then he laughed at me and they walked away.
I have had more reaction when I had a can of OC in my hand than a gun. So you’re not alone in your observation. Like they are on with a gun but they sure don’t want the hot sauce!

Back when we had territorial disputes and gun fights in da hood, the mindset was always avoid the guy with the pump up BB rifle. cause if you got hit you knew you was gonna hafta dig a BB out from under the skin.

From my experience, as a patrol officer in a small town police agency, the vast majority of people who we interacted with were far more scared of the K9, and getting Tazered, than they were of being shot.
The Tazer ended more fights before they started, than any time we broke leather with our sidearms.

Hi,

Definitely not a "feel good" article but certainly a reality check. Do everything right and still be dead. But that's life. I did like the fact the author stressed physical conditioning. I'm fighting this age thing tooth and nail. Not so much that I will live longer but that I might live  better.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back