testtest

Most Disliked Gun & Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the EVO 3 S1 pistol. I think I succumbed to the 'cool' factor of the gun rather than to any practical application of the weapon. Trying to shoot this gun accurately is difficult regardless if you are using one hand or both. Using a brace didn't help much.

I got one of the earlier versions where you had to drill out the trigger assembly screw if you wanted to upgrade the trigger, which I did, and it improved things immensely. The only thing that this gun has going for it, IMO, is the ability to use high cap mags. And, as most reviewers will attest to, it is fun to shoot, but then, so is every other gun I own.
Thanks for the response this may sway my decision to buy one of these in the future.

The only gun I ever owned that I really didn't like was a Raven .25ACP . I'll just say the power factor was lacking. :)

Only time I ever needed customer service was with Springfield for the trigger in my XDs that broke. I contacted them and they were very accommodating . 2 1/2 weeks after shipping it to them , I had my pistol back . Thank you Springfield.

This is why I am always late to the game when new firearms hit the market.
I read many forum members comments and experiences before I buy.
I have yet to have buyers remorse.
I feel the same!

I don't like being the guinea pig for new products unless there is some really good bonus reasons to buy when it first hits the market.

The only gun I ever owned that I really didn't like was a Raven .25ACP . I'll just say the power factor was lacking. :)

Only time I ever needed customer service was with Springfield for the trigger in my XDs that broke. I contacted them and they were very accommodating . 2 1/2 weeks after shipping it to them , I had my pistol back . Thank you Springfield.
That's a great response time!

I've only had to send one gun back to a company ever, my Mini-14 for being defective right out of the box. Ruger was very good about making the experience painless but unfortunately they returned it two weeks later saying a few parts were replaced and it was fixed. The rifle still had the same problem when I got it back continuous jamming and failure to eject with all types of brass so I sent it in a 2nd time and they contacted me to say it could not be fixed and it will be replaced. The new rifle had the same problem also which I just returned and got back a week ago now the rifle finally run flawlessly but what a headache!

I own guns from many manufacturers, to numerous to mention. I like them all, but have had to send back 6 to the manufacturer (4 Sig P320's, & 2 Ruger Mark IV's) for warranty work. I called each company, and both were helpful. I called Glock on stovepipe issues on my Glock G19 that I thought was recoil spring related, and they were helpful. (I even dealt with Yankee Hill Machine, who I've been told is difficult to deal with, but my experience was good). I had a potential Issue with my S&W M&P 15-22 bolt face, but requested the gauge tool through their website and checked it myself (it was OK, so no further action taken). As far as the Scorpions, I own 2, The EVO3 S1 pistol and the EVO3 S2 Micro pistol with brace I have red dots on each, and they both were accurate, and easy to fire etc. The EVO3 S1 didn't have a brace when I shot it (held it up towards my cheek to fire), but I've since installed a brace. The Micro, with brace shouldered, also fired fine. I guess it's just the preference of the different operators, but I've yet had any problems with them.

Don't have any I don't like.

The only experiences I have had with any gun mfg CS was actually with my more recent purchases. Of course, everyone knows the Sig P320 trigger recall. Had it back in exactly 7 days. Was happy with that. My Springfield XDE had a mag release issue. Had that back in 2 weeks. Both companies had great, friendly CS. Now as far as S&W, some of this was my fault. Had the shield in my hand in the store, liked it, bought it. They brought out a new one, opened up the box, pulled the numbers off with it still in the box. Silly, me I didn't check it. Got it home and was ready to clean it and immediately noticed the front sight was half on, half off the slide. Thought maybe there is something wrong with the slide cut out so before I get in to anything I'll send it out. They are in my home state so how long could it take to push a sight over? Fast forward to multiple phone calls and lunacy... 9 weeks later I get it back. Front sight is still not centered. Bought Meprolight night sights and installed them in my kitchen a few days later. That was all for a silly front sight. I couldnt imagine if it was a more complex issue. That will be my first and last gun from them.

The only experiences I have had with any gun mfg CS was actually with my more recent purchases. Of course, everyone knows the Sig P320 trigger recall. Had it back in exactly 7 days. Was happy with that. My Springfield XDE had a mag release issue. Had that back in 2 weeks. Both companies had great, friendly CS. Now as far as S&W, some of this was my fault. Had the shield in my hand in the store, liked it, bought it. They brought out a new one, opened up the box, pulled the numbers off with it still in the box. Silly, me I didn't check it. Got it home and was ready to clean it and immediately noticed the front sight was half on, half off the slide. Thought maybe there is something wrong with the slide cut out so before I get in to anything I'll send it out. They are in my home state so how long could it take to push a sight over? Fast forward to multiple phone calls and lunacy... 9 weeks later I get it back. Front sight is still not centered. Bought Meprolight night sights and installed them in my kitchen a few days later. That was all for a silly front sight. I couldnt imagine if it was a more complex issue. That will be my first and last gun from them.
I would have probably took it back to the Gun Store, since you would have thought they'd notice that while recording the Firearms serial number. It reminds me of the time I bought a Mossberg 590 Marine finish shotgun. You could rack it without having to depress the slide release with the shotgun empty after a trigger pull (basically relegating the slide release as useless. I was going to bring it back (quiet a distance away), but had to stop off at a local gunsmith for some other work. After mentioning the shotgun issue, he said to bring it in as it's a common problem. He's local, so a quick trip back home and back and he had it fixed in under 5 minutes charging me $10. When I was next down to the Gun store where I bought it, I explained the problem and they said I just should have brought it back and their gunsmith would have corrected it no charge. But the $10 was worth saving the long trip there and back so I wasn't all that upset.

I would have probably took it back to the Gun Store, since you would have thought they'd notice that while recording the Firearms serial number. It reminds me of the time I bought a Mossberg 590 Marine finish shotgun. You could rack it without having to depress the slide release with the shotgun empty after a trigger pull (basically relegating the slide release as useless. I was going to bring it back (quiet a distance away), but had to stop off at a local gunsmith for some other work. After mentioning the shotgun issue, he said to bring it in as it's a common problem. He's local, so a quick trip back home and back and he had it fixed in under 5 minutes charging me $10. When I was next down to the Gun store where I bought it, I explained the problem and they said I just should have brought it back and their gunsmith would have corrected it no charge. But the $10 was worth saving the long trip there and back so I wasn't all that upset.
Agreed. I did mention it to the store I bought it from and they said to bring it back and they would fix it no charge. The store is a good distance away from me and I knew I wasnt going to be able to get up there for a few weeks. Called S&W to see what they had to say. I was assured it would be taken care of and sent back very quickley. Wasnt in an immediate rush for any reason so I sent it back thinking I would have it back in about as much time it would take me to get back up to the store. They did admit that it spent a lot of time on a shelf in the revolver repair building. Not sure how it got there. It's all fixed now so nothing to get in a twist over. Just gave me a little bit of an education on how they go about things. Hopefully, that is not the norm.

That's insane 9 weeks and still not fixed right!

Agreed. I did mention it to the store I bought it from and they said to bring it back and they would fix it no charge. The store is a good distance away from me and I knew I wasnt going to be able to get up there for a few weeks. Called S&W to see what they had to say. I was assured it would be taken care of and sent back very quickley. Wasnt in an immediate rush for any reason so I sent it back thinking I would have it back in about as much time it would take me to get back up to the store. They did admit that it spent a lot of time on a shelf in the revolver repair building. Not sure how it got there. It's all fixed now so nothing to get in a twist over. Just gave me a little bit of an education on how they go about things. Hopefully, that is not the norm.
It probably spent so much time in the revolver repair department because the techs were so confused on repairing a striker fired revolver.....🤣

Is LGS a gun store? I googled it and that's what I came up with.

I believe LGS stands for Local Gun Store (or Shop).

I really like Springfield Armory and Ruger. Smith & Wesson is good also, but like others here, I have heard their quality has slipped. Also, for you younger folks, S&W caved to Washington D.C. pressures a few years ago and started putting the locks on their guns. That turned me off for a while, but I finally gave them another chance.

I wouldn't say gun company, but Cheaper than Dirt has had horrible customer service at their shop in N TX and finally closed down

A lot of guys won't buy from them because they cranked up ammo prices during the ammo scares/shortages. I have to admit I used to buy a lot of stuff through them ( not ammo ) but after my friends told me about their experiences with the price gouging I have resisted buying from them.

A lot of guys won't buy from them because they cranked up ammo prices during the ammo scares/shortages. I have to admit I used to buy a lot of stuff through them ( not ammo ) but after my friends told me about their experiences with the price gouging I have resisted buying from them.
Yeah, I've bought from them before as well. Then they reduced their shipping prices (sometimes free over certain $$ amount), but I notices all their prices were increased (to cover the lost revenue they probably lost in the "Handling" portion no doubt). I'll still buy from them if they have a hard to find item at a somewhat reasonable price, other than that, they're kind of my last resort place to look. Didn't know about the ammo gouging though, that's disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back