testtest

Most Expensive Handgun I've Ever Held

Bear007

Custom
While at my LGS today another fellas ordered pistol came in. A custom Nighthawk, 9mm in desert tan ... price tag $7500.00. Now that's scary lol.

They let me hold it for a short moment and rack it. It was ssoooo easy to rack and the smoothness of the slide coming back and moving forward was unbelievable, it was like it was gliding on silk sheets, the kind you keep sliding out of bed with because they're so slick. I had to put it down.

So what's the most expensive new handgun any of you have held? (I don't want to say bought here because this is clearly out of my dollar range lol)

Are we talking about what it was worth new, or what it was worth at the time?

If we’re talking new…probably an Ed Brown Executive.

But if the latter…a PRISTINE 1st year Colt Single Action…north of $15k at the time.
I'm saying what it was worth new when you held it. I'm sure there are plenty of stories out there on some extremely valuable antiques. The 1st year Colt would still be pretty cool.

Needless to say I was extremely impressed with silky smoothness $7500.00 can buy now lol.

So I guess the guy started with this base model and then had over $2k worth of upgrades/customizations.

It's kinda funny but this is the first pistol I've ever racked where the front 1" or so of what I thought was the slide is actually part of the frame. I'm like, oh no, I broke the slide! Lol

Screenshot_20221130-160254_Chrome.jpg

Are we talking about what it was worth new, or what it was worth at the time?

If we’re talking new…probably an Ed Brown Executive.

But if the latter…a PRISTINE 1st year Colt Single Action…north of $15k at the time.
Many years ago I had the privilege of holding an old Colt single action from the late 1800's. The owner was an old retired Marine who did gunsmith work as a hobby. I had him smooth out the action on a Ruger Blackhawk I had. He did great work. After he found out I was a fellow Marine and got to know me. He invited me to his house. He put on some gloves and got the old single action from his gun safe. If that pistol could talk I'm sure it could tell some great stories. I put on some gloves and held it. It felt very balanced and solid.

Back