testtest

Mounting a red dot optic on a Saint Victor pistol...

New to the AR game. Always carried a sidearm for protection and with today’s climate, decided to step up the protection a bit.
Bought a .300BLK Saint pistol, question about mounting the optic.
I’ve seen the info about mounting with a rider to co-witness etc, but I’m not going with a set of irons just yet.
My question, leave the riser attached or remove and go low pro?
Home defense, close quarters is all I'm after with this. Just looking for my best bet for target acquisition
Thanks

I would use the riser because you are going to want back up sights. Depending on what optic you get it may come with a riser. Romeo 5 for example, which is a good mid level optic. Either way you need to at least shoulder the rifle and see if mounting it straight on the rail has you cocking your head funny.

I would use the riser because you are going to want back up sights. Depending on what optic you get it may come with a riser. Romeo 5 for example, which is a good mid level optic. Either way you need to at least shoulder the rifle and see if mounting it straight on the rail has you cocking your head funny.
Thanks! That’s what I was thinking. I picked up a sightmark wolverine csr until the AT3 I liked is back in stock. The wolverine came with the riser already attached. I had noticed guys running several different setups on their AR platforms.

Back