testtest

My EDC support gear is piling up; what to do.

David N.

Professional
Founding Member
My EDC support gear was starting to pile up, so I decided to pass along some of these items to family and friends. I took this opportunity to pass along items to anyone who might be interested in concealed carry. This serves several purposes, one of which it reduces the amount of clutter in my closet. Another reason is it defrays the initial setup cost of someone starting out with concealed carry until they decide on their preferred EDC support gear setup. Lastly and possibly the most important is it may get someone otherwise not interested in concealed carry to consider doing so. I always say to give these a try and if they don't work out for you, please pass them along.

I recently gave a modular holster [configurable to accept various handguns] to a family member who is debating getting into concealed carry along with a biometric handgun safe and tactical flashlight for home defense. I gave another modular holster setup (IWB holster, OWB holster, mag carriers [IWB, OWB, pocket carry]) and range belt to a new friend yesterday who is definitely getting into concealed carry. Probably the most important thing I passed along to each was my lessons learned from my search for a perfect EDC setup. In addition, I passed along the importance of safety and training.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are more charitable than me. I also have a plastic tub full of holsters and mag holders. I could maybe give away some of the generic pieces, but the majority of my holsters are for guns I still own. I always pick up a holster for any handgun I buy, and I've changed my EDC piece a few times. I'll admit that things are starting to pile up, but I don't anticipate getting rid of any holsters unless I sell the particular gun it fits. I'm always willing to take a new shooter to the range, and will happily devote my time to their instruction, but that's about the extent of my generosity.

You are more charitable than me. I also have a plastic tub full of holsters and mag holders. I could maybe give away some of the generic pieces, but the majority of my holsters are for guns I still own. I always pick up a holster for any handgun I buy, and I've changed my EDC piece a few times. I'll admit that things are starting to pile up, but I don't anticipate getting rid of any holsters unless I sell the particular gun it fits. I'm always willing to take a new shooter to the range, and will happily devote my time to their instruction, but that's about the extent of my generosity.
Yeah, these are items for handguns I no longer own.

Yeah, these are items for handguns I no longer own.

I'm afraid I've become somewhat of a hoarder when it comes to my hobbies. I have parts for motorcycles that I haven't owned for a decade in my garage. I still have all sorts of tools and accessories to work on sportbikes, even though I've owned a Harley Electra Glide as my only bike for almost 5 years. This may be bleeding over into my shooting. I can gut my office to the bare bones, and can toss household furniture and appliances without a second thought, but I just can't bring myself to sell a gun.

Every few years, my buddy’s and I will get a couple tables at local gun shows and unload extraneous stuff we've accumulated. I tend to just decide I want it gone, and any semi-reasonable offer will be accepted...

Last time, I walked out with over $700 in my pocket, and didn't sell a single gun...

Every few years, my buddy’s and I will get a couple tables at local gun shows and unload extraneous stuff we've accumulated. I tend to just decide I want it gone, and any semi-reasonable offer will be accepted...

Last time, I walked out with over $700 in my pocket, and didn't sell a single gun...

I did that with piles of music gear a few months back. I just didn't use it and couldn't justify it taking up the massive amount of space. I priced it reasonably and it didn't move fast enough so I priced it to sell. I ended up with a couple grand from probably a $20,000 investment. I haven't had any "Space" problems with guns and accessories yet. Although I did give some stuff to my daughter and some stuff to my son in law. Most of that stuff I bought to give to them though. I like all my stuff. :)

Back