testtest

My Range Report and Something to Share

So I made it to the range today with my 1911 45ACP RO and the gun ran flawlessly with the exception of one strike on a dead primer and one failure to feed due to a round with a bad crimp on the bullet that while loading the bullet pushed back into the case and jammed on the feed ramp. Now this outdoor range has a minimum of 50 feet from the shooting line to the target so having not shot the 1911 all that much it took me awhile to dial it in with rear sight adjustment.
Let’s just say I need more time behind this beautiful gun to get better with it.
After today the round count on the RO is 350.
I also took my Saint Edge Pistol 5.56/.223
This gun ran with no issues whatsoever.
I started out with .223 at 50 yards, made some small adjustments to the Vortex Crossfire Red Dot and then moved to 75 yards, I had some flyers but also some good groups with 3-4 shots in 1.5 to 2.5 inch groupings. With after today the Edge pistol has only about 250 rounds through it so it’s still breaking in. I finished up with 25 rounds of 5.56 at 75 yards and although not great I feel pretty good.
FDED5F51-2369-4FD8-B5DB-FC8A1F8CB772.jpeg

One thing I need to Keep an eye on is on Sunday when I oiled the gun I also made an adjustment to the AccuTight Alan head screw to take out what I thought was a little to much play between the upper and lower and I noticed after only 20 rounds it seemed to loosen up again.
So while I was packing up to leave a gentleman showed up with a
“brand new” rifle.
53BC2448-297D-40FB-87B2-1724DC2715B3.jpeg

Yes that flint lock was custom made new right here in Kentucky as of 6/20/20 we didn’t talk price but what a beautiful gun.

Last edited:
So I made it to the range today with my 1911 45ACP RO and the gun ran flawlessly with the exception of one strike on a dead primer and one failure to feed due to a round with a bad crimp on the bullet that while loading the bullet pushed back into the case and jammed on the feed ramp. Now this outdoor range has a minimum of 50 feet from the shooting line to the target so having not shot the 1911 all that much it took me awhile to dial it in with rear sight adjustment.
Let’s just say I need more time behind this beautiful gun to get better with it.
After today the round count on the RO is 350.
I also took my Saint Edge Pistol 5.56/.223
This gun ran with no issues whatsoever.
I started out with .223 at 50 yards, made some small adjustments to the Vortex Crossfire Red Dot and then moved to 75 yards, I had some flyers but also some good groups with 3-4 shots in 1.5 to 2.5 inch groupings. With after today the Edge pistol has only about 250 rounds through it so it’s still breaking in. I finished up with 25 rounds of 5.56 at 75 yards and although not great I feel pretty good.View attachment 10191
One thing I need to Keep an eye on is on Sunday when I oiled the gun I also made an adjustment to the AccuTight Alan head screw to take out what I thought was a little to much play between the upper and lower and I noticed after only 20 rounds it seemed to loosen up again.
So while I was packing up to leave a gentleman showed up with a
“brand new” rifle.
View attachment 10192
Yes that flint lock was custom made new right here in Kentucky as of 6/20/20 we didn’t talk price but what a beautiful gun.
All your rounds are in the kill zone,👍👍

nice flintlock. Guess he is gearing up for a Biden presidency 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪

Thank you. I’d like to look at a red dot optic that has some magnification but then my main thought for keeping the Edge pistol in 5.56 was for closer,
(100 yards and under) engagement.

It's my understanding that anything over 1 or 2X you have to deal with eye relief. Which means you may as well get a scope or a magnifier. FWIW the Romeo 5 is 1X and I have no problem seeing out to 100 yards with it and my old eyes aren't that great anymore.

Thank you. I’d like to look at a red dot optic that has some magnification but then my main thought for keeping the Edge pistol in 5.56 was for closer,
(100 yards and under) engagement.
I run a 3 x flip over magnifer behind my red dot. Keep it flipped off to the side when wanting to only use the RDS 1x. Flip in down behind the RDS in a nanosecond when 3x is needed

Back